Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Warmth Of A Christmas Lantern

Hello!  Hello!  It seems strange to me to be posting Christmas cards when I've been waiting so long for spring to arrive, but here you go, a Christmas card for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.
There's nothing like the warm glow of a lantern so I dug out a bunch of Gina Marie Designs dies that my dear friend Marcia gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago.
This lantern die from GMD is so pretty and I'm hoping someone can inspire me with different ways to use it.
The Pine Needles from Gina Marie Designs pairs perfectly with the lantern and the Stitched Bow from Memory Box is like the cherry on top!


While I had my dies out, I made a second one because I came up a little short on Christmas cards last year and I'm hoping to be ahead of the game for this year.
I wanted to see what a black lantern would look like.  I used the same pine and bow dies, but placed them at the bottom of the lantern for a completely different look.  The frame is from Sue Wilson Designs Australian Collection Background Die.

I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Christmas Kickstart Challenge ~ Delectable Die Cuts
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Love both you lantern cards and those gorgeous gingham bows. Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Marcia Hill said...

These are both just BEAUTIFUL Birgit and so glad you finally got a chance to use the dies! After seeing these I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy one of the lantern dies for my self...wanna help a girl out?? Loving all the details from the greenery to the awesome bows on both these cards...lovely, lovely my friend!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards Birgit! I like the gingham bows and pine sprig embellishments!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful lantern cards. Both are so festive and cheery!

Conniecrafter said...

You did a beautiful job using these dies, they are so lovely and like how putting the pines at the bottom or the top gives it a totally different look!

Patti said...

These are sweet Birgit! I think I love Christmas cards the most when I am wearing a tank top and capris!! : )

I love each detail in the scenes you have created.

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Birgit, I love both cards - the dies are gorgeous and I loved your colour combos too! Lovely scenes. Thanks so much for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Donna Phelan said...

Oh boy! Aren't these stunning! I love the 2 different looks, they're so festive! 2 more Christmas cards done....me ZERO! lol

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous lantern...makes a beautiful card.

Sharron said...

Such pretty lanterns! The greenery and gingham bows look so festive!