Monday, August 29, 2022

Something New ~ Mixed Media Monday

Hello friends.  Do you ever feel like you want to break from the norm of card making and freely create?  When I feel that way, I get inky and typically make some kind of altered art or mixed media project.  I've never shared those types of projects on my blog before, but then I thought, "why not?" 

"Art" is a process that all creators develop, grow and learn through.  I'm the first to confess that I'm not very good at trying new techniques, but I do enjoy the freedom of the creative process of using lots of different mediums from time to time.  

I'm using today as a start of something new on my blog.  Welcome to "MIXED MEDIA MONDAY"! 

Life is full of mountains and valleys.  Every day, it's up to us to choose how we respond to all the events that happen in life.  I can easily get distracted by the negatives, allowing fear and worry to set in.  Thankfully, I'm beginning to recognize more quickly, when I'm in that negative pattern, and I turn to the God who holds all things together.  So, my word for today is "hope".  

On this page of my art journal, I started by laying down watercolors, blending them together by spraying the page with water and turning the book.  Once I was happy with the colors, I set the journal aside to dry.  I stenciled text and images using Stamperia's Book Stencil and started layering papers from my scrap box.  I stamped more text onto the largest piece of paper and ripped and distressed the edges.

The die cuts are from an ephemera pack from Stamperia, that have been sitting around for far too long, waiting to be used. I added some while gel pen accents to the leaves, letters and various areas on the page.

I hope that you enjoyed this new series.  I won't be posting a project every Monday.  My goal is to share something new a couple times each month.  

I've linked some products that I used below.  The art journal that I used has stone pages, so it doesn't matter what type of medium you use in your creative journey, the pages won't warp or curl.  


Stamperia Book Stencil

Ephemera Die Cut Packs

 

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! What a FABULOUS job you've done on this first page of your mixed media journal Birgit! And the word HOPE fits beautifully amongst all the lovely water coloring and sweet ephemera...I truly can't wait to see more! This was one of those posts I didn't want to see end!! I will definitely be waiting for the next Monday you post in this journal! FABULOUSLY done my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is FUN! I love your pretty creation! The colors the layout the collagey vibe of it all! Well done! I try to do mixed media, I want to do mixed media....but something gets lost in the translation! I'll be looking forward to your MMM Posts!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is a gorgeous page, I just love that ephemera you used, so much goodness going on I could look at it for a long time and not feel I got everything you put into it. I too have started journaling, I am doing junk journals. Hubby says I should share because there maybe others out there that want to do the same thing and would like to see what I am doing, maybe I will have to do that one of these days, I look forward to more of your pages. I love that this one centers in hope, so important!

Linda said...

Beautiful journal page using mixed media. Wonderful sentiments. Hope all is well with you my friend.

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful mixed media debut project, Birgit! Yo'uve combined a wonderful mix of elements. I'm looking forward to more of these posts!