Monday, January 23, 2023

Heart Shaped Treat Boxes ~ ScrapbookPal

Hello peeps!  Treat boxes are on the top of my list of favorite things to make.  They're so fun to make, so fun to give, and hopefully so fun for the recipient to receive.  

The Bunch of Blossoms dies and stamps from Concord & 9th made for beautiful decorations for the Happy Heart Box Die, also from Concord & 9th, that was released last year.  

I started by creating the three Happy Heart Boxes using heavy weight cardstock.  These boxes went together very easily and they're oh, so adorable!

I cut out several flowers using the Bunch of Blossoms dies in different colors of cardstock.  I blended Distress Oxide Inks onto each of the petals and leaves.  I then glued the bottom two layers of petals together and added dimensional foam squares to the two top layers of the flowers, which included the stamen and the top petals.

Once the flowers were assembled, I gave the flowers and leaves a spritz of gold shimmer spray. I arranged the flowers and leaves onto each of the boxes and added a few gold leaves to a couple of the boxes.  

I stamped the sentiments from the Bunch of Blossoms Stamp Set onto cardstock and cut them out using the coordinating dies from the Bunch of Blossoms die set and popped them up using dimensional foam squares.

These turned out super cute and are ready to fill with sweet treats for my crafty friends.  

I hope you enjoyed today's project.  You can find all the products I used linked below.

ScrapbookPal
Bunch of Blossoms Dies~ Concord & 9th
Bunch of Blossoms Stamps ~ Concord & 9th
Happy Heart Box Die ~ Concord & 9th


Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh Birgit, these treat boxes are SO CUTE, but you are putting me to shame my friend! I bought that same heart shaped box dies from C&9 last year and they have not seen the light of day since I opened the package! I guess I better get busy!! Yours turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I'm loving all the layers of flowers you added to your boxes and all that gold shimmer too! The friends that receive these are going to be SO tickled! Lovely, lovely job my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

It doesn't matter what you fill these pretty little boxes with, Birgit, they're treat enough themselves! Just wonderful. Your crafty friends are sure to treasure them!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my these are just beautiful, they are going to be so thrilled with the boxes it won't matter what's inside :). Love the colors you have chosen for these and the touch of sparkle!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit you make them so beautifully! And seem to have the prettiest of supplies for decorating them - so pretty! xx
=]

Donna Phelan said...

Definitely FUN, definitely sweet! Love how you decorated each, the florals are beautiful! Just lovely!

Joan Bardee said...

oh wow. you are an enabler!! now I must have those concord and 9th box dies. I wouldn't have thought to add the flowers. beautiful!!

Loll said...

Beautiful heart boxes Birgit! It looks like Spring has arrived at your house!! The boxes are so pretty with these beautiful colours and lovely flower die-cuts. I'm stopping in after seeing a link on Marcia's blog. You two have had a lot of fun playing with the heart-shaped box dies. xx