Monday, November 13, 2023

Vintage Christmas Tags ~ Mixed Media Monday


Good morning friends~  It's been a while since I've done a Mixed Media Monday post so I thought I'd pop in and share some vintage style Christmas tags I made recently.  
I participated in a box swap a couple of months ago where a box of unwanted supplies were gathered up in a flat rate box and shipped around to about 12 crafters.  Each crafter, upon receiving the box would take out what they wanted from the box and put the rest back into the box, adding in their own supplies that were no longer wanted or being used.  I was lucky enough to find these amazing vintage 3D images in the box.  In fact, I got two brand new packages of them!  

I die cut two tags using Sizzix Framed Tags by Tim Holtz out of white and soft blue cardstock.  I ran both blue tags through my die cutting machine using a very old Sizzix Alterations Vintage Postcard embossing folder, also from Tim Holtz. Using a brayer, I added Wedding Dress ink from Memento over the top of the embossing making the raised areas of the words stand out.  

I added a strip of bold lined paper from my scrapbox to the bottom of each tag and added Walnut Stain distress ink around the edges.  I glued these vintage images of boys having a snowball fight onto each tag.  The two tags together make the whole scene.  I added some Snow Glitter from Martha Stewart along the edges of the tags, and within the scene itself.  

I added old ribbon and twine to finish the tags off.
These tags make me think of a Norman Rockwell painting.  I think they'll be super cute attached to Kraft paper wrapped packages.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh are these ever FABULOUS Birgit! You did get a good find in the box that went around, and I'm betting if the person who got rid of them saw these tags they'd be kicking themselves for not keeping them! You sure know how to do vintage my friend as these are AWESOME and frame worthy!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Someone who filled that box must have known you were going to be in on the fun, Birgit! How wonderful they got to you first!
So beautiful!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

that is neat idea and you got some great images there for your vintage tags, I love the embossing with them, they will be a great touch to any package!

Donna Phelan said...

What a FUN idea! Glad you found some treasures! WOW that must be some embossing folder as I thought it was a stencil with paste. Well done. Loving the Vintage Vibe! Merry Merry!

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like a fun swap and a wonderful find in there for you! Wow are these ever pretty. The ribbon you topped them with is perfect for them. Beautifully done, Birgit!

Lena said...

Wow, these are awesome, Birgit, and will look beautiful on any package. Sounds like a fun box swap and sounds like you got some wonderful goodies out of it. You definitely put them to wonderful use.
Enjoy your week.
Hugs,
Lena