Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Shamrocks, Clover and Leprechauns ~ Double D Challenges

Double D Challenges is starting a new challenge today and the theme is "Green / Clover / Shamrocks / Luck".  So have fun with it!!

I don't have any shamrock or leprechaun dies or stamps, except that I did find this little mouse from Cottage Cutz and he's holding a clover leaf.  Does that count?  And look at this free printable I found online.  "Clover Leaf Dairy".  I think I can make them work!

The cutie little mouse is colored with Copics and the flowers are leftovers from a previous project I found sitting in my die box.  Peony Fantasy from Pinkfresh Studio.  They're so pretty heat embossed in silver.  

It may not be everyone's style, but I had to make it work with what I had on hand.

Be sure to scamper on over to the Double D Challenge blog to see how my team mates were inspired.

Here's the inspiration board to help get you started.  There's always a prize up for grabs to one randomly selected winner from the U.S.


Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I think your card turned out beautifully Birgit!! I love the printable you found for your background...it gives a bit of that vintage look you love so much, and the flowers are gorgeous with their silver embossing!! And of course that sweet touch of whimsy with the cute little mouse and his clover...love it!! Sweet, sweet card my friend. Hugs ❤️

Donna Phelan said...

He totally works! Love that printable you found--so clever! Beautiful florals!

Darlene said...

Love that little mouse ... too cute (for a mouse!) lol Awesome overall creation ... love the printable you used! Awesome overall design!

Conniecrafter said...

I would say you came up with a great card design, that little mouse is just too cute, and I love the Clover leaf receipt you found and the flowers are a beautiful touch to top it all off!

Lisa Elton said...

You made it work and that little mouse is just the sweetest! Terrific card, Birgit!

I Card Everyone said...

You made these images work beautifully, Birgit!
I couldn't resist 'googling' Clover Leaf Dairy - at a glance I counted seven states that have one!
=]

Barbara said...

I think you did an outstanding job with what you had on hand. Creative of you to do that and it reminds me of a small dairy back home called Harmony Dairy. Is back great memories. That little mouse holding a single shamrock he's adorable.

Vicki said...

Love that Clover Leaf Dairy image. It makes for a unique and perfect background for those pretty flowers. Mr. Mouse and his shamrock are admiring them too. This brings back a lot of childhood memories as my grandmother lived nearby a Clover Leaf Dairy in PA. We have several around us now.

Judy Woodland said...

This is so sweet, and that restaurant ticket background is really unique and totally enhances the whole look of this card. I LOVE this!!

Leslie Miller said...

Darn straight it works! It's fabulous! That little mouse is adorable and the background and flowers go beautifully together. I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone had the same style, but I'll tell you for sure this style really appeals to me!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hurray for you, Birgit...I just saw that you won a prize on the Coffee Blog Hop. ENJOY!!!!