Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Cute Little Animals ~ Double D Challenge

It's the first Wednesday of the month so that means it's time for Double D Challenges to start a new challenge.  This challenge is near and dear to my heart!
The theme is "Cute Little Animals".  

You can't go wrong with cute little animals.  Am I right?  Recently I've found so many wonderful digital images on Etsy and this Retro Easter / Spring Digital Ephemera bundle from KB and Friends found it's way to my home printer.  Oh boy did I enjoy cranking up the printer, cutting and creating with these darling images! 

I also had so much fun finding printed papers from my stash, creating different background layouts using them, and then adding the darling die cuts and ephemera pieces I had printed.

These cards couldn't have come together any easier or quicker.

So much so, that I made six cards in a jiffy!

Each one just as cute as the next.

Please check out all that KB and Friends has to offer and then check out the Double D Challenge blog.  



Now it's your turn to make something cute.
Here's the inspiration photo to help you along:

And here's what you could win when you play along:

You'll find some amazing inspiration from my Double D team mates and the gallery is going to be full of cuteness for the next two weeks, so be sure to check in often!

Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Birgit you have outdone yourself with all six of the absolutely adorably cute cute cards you have created and inspired us all with! The images/cards remind me of many years past of when I had all my Little Golden Books as a child that I dearly loved!! Thanks for inspiring us all with such cuteness!!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh My! So many sweet creations....you WIN! lol Each one is cuter than the last! WOW! Loving the Vintage Vibe! My favorite is that adorable sweet Spring Lamb. When I was born my Mom got a ceramic one filled with flowers delivered to the hospital from her sister, I in turn sent it to Lori when Penny was born--such a keepsake! These are fabulous, Birgit!

Darlene said...

WOW! You're on a roll girlfriend! These are all just ADORABLE!!! Beautiful designs ... sure to bring a smile! I know they each made me smile!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my goodness Birgit...each one is absolutely ADORABLE and I can't even pick a favorite!! And what a great way to use up some of the dsp stash!! You must have been so tickled when you finished 6 cards so quickly and ramped up your card stash! YAY Birgit! Hugs. :0)

blbabe1234 said...

SUPER cute cards! Love them all

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, all of your darling images have brought me right back to my youth and all my much-loved Golden Books!
So wonderful!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, I wasn't expecting more! These are fantastic and I love that you had such fun with them. Also, I love that you love cute little animals for cards. Not just for kids! The vintage-ness of these is soooo adorable!

Vicki said...

What a glorious collection of vintage cards, Birgit! Those cute kitties are loving that bicycle built for two. The sweet lambs and cute chicks! Every one of these cards speaks of the love in them. Great work with the adorable little animal challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, what cute little critters you had in your stash! These are all sweet cards, Birgit!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, these cards sure take me back to my childhood. They are INDEED retro. I am smiling, all your designs are amazing. Just DARLING!!!

Conniecrafter said...

They are such great retro images and you have done a wonderful job with them too, pretty layering and papers. I love the one that has the L for lamb, Easter blessing card!

Lena said...

OMGoodness, cuteness overload. Each and every one of your cards is adorable. You really made those digis shine with your lovely card designs. Love them all, Birgit. I have also taken a quick look at your cards for March. They're all lovely. I'm hoping that my life is more settled so I'm trying to get on with my commenting. Unfortunately, I can't go back, but will do my best to come visit more often now.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Lena

Barbara said...

Awesome, I love these retro designs and I remember them from my childhood, unfortunately. Yes, I was there! Lol

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing work you always come up with.. incredibe Beautiful Creative designs! I like the colors that you used!