Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Oceans of Joy ~ Double D Challenge

Hey there crafty friends!  It's time for a new challenge over at Double D Challenges.  This week the theme is anything "Water Related".

I had a bit of fun creating this see through window card using a scrap of acetate where the fish swim through.

I found this scrap of ink smooshed cardstock in my scrap bin, and thought it looked like water, so I went with it.  

I cut through the center of the smooshed panel using a wavy die and added a strip of acetate and then attached the fish to the acetate.  I glued the cut out portion onto the inside of the card so that it would show through the acetate.

A little twine and a sentiment to celebrate someone's special day.

Here's the inspiration:

And here's the prize you could win when you play along:

  You'll find lots more inspiration over at Double D Challenges and then join in on the fun with a card or two.  We'd love to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, what a beautiful and creative card, so cleverly designed!!

Donna Phelan said...

Very cool! Love the see through design and your fintastic fish! That smooshed background looks awesome and is perfect as is your tied 'rope' Perfect!

Darlene said...

Aren't you clever!! LOL LOVE those little fishies swimming across the page! Fantastic design my friend!

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN card Birgit! I love the clear acetate strip you added for the fish...how clever and totally awesome! Your smooshed paper works perfectly for the water too! You aced this challenge my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

I just love this card! The window is fun and oh, my gosh, so cute! Just the kind of card to make you smile!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I do LOVE a 'see through' window on a card! Very cute and so clever!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

How stinkin' cute! I love that look of acetate with the little happy fishies swimming across. Great design and great take on the challenge!!!

Lisa Elton said...

That little bit of acetate adds so much fun to this clever card! This is oodles of fun, Birgit!

Vicki said...

This is delightful, Birgit! The wave design of the acetate and water colors make a cute swim path for those fishies. Love the diagonal striped paper and sentiment.

aussie aNNie said...

A stunning and arty design Birgit, love your way of crafting.
re the puff paint I use, I always let it dry a little then use my heat tool to puff it up.. xx

Barbara said...

I love that you made an incredibly fun and creative card. I do love the water scenes, but this card is my favorite for this challenge.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness is that ever creative, I like your acetate piece, the wave in the paper and the fish are too cute, terrific sentiment to go with them!

Lena said...

I'm so ready for Summer :-) Love seeing all the beach themed cards out there and yours is no exception. I love the card design. Such a fun way to use the acetate. Beautifully done, my friend. Lena xx