Monday, August 5, 2024

Guest Designing for A Cut Above

Good morning friends~  My dear friend Vicki Robertson started a new challenge blog, A Cut Above, on July 1st and I couldn't be more inspired and excited to see a challenge that focuses on die cuts.   


If you know me at all, you know that I love working with die cuts!

I am honored to be joining her this month as a guest designer, and since August is known for the dog days of summer I thought a relaxing beach card would be perfect for this month as the theme is "Anything Goes".

I pulled out several of my favorite beachy, summertime sets to make this clean and simple card.

All of these dies come from my years of designing for Dies R Us and they're most likely all retired now, but their timeless design make them "keepers" in my book.

Amy Design Picket Fence
Marianne Design Beach Chair
Elizabeth Craft Design Sand Castle
Elizabeth Craft Design Octopus
Elizabeth Craft Design Seaweed

I know Vicki would be so appreciative if you visited her new challenge blog, A Cut Above, become a follower and support her by playing along.  She is giving away a gift card to A Cherry On Top to the winner, which will be randomly drawn from all the participants.  


Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

It looks just like a scene from Lake Michigan in my neck of the woods Birgit, and you captured the essence of a day at the beach perfectly with all these wonderful die cuts! And you are still the QUEEN of die cuts, so you're a perfect fit for the GD spot my friend! LOVE this!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, your supply of dies must be endless - you were a wonderful choice for a guest designer and have made this beach scene sing!
I'm off to check out Vicki's new challenge now!
=]

blbabe1234 said...

Absolutely gorgeous. LOVE the mix of die cuts and the ink blending.

Lisa Elton said...

You're the perfect guest designer for this new challenge, Birgit! Congratulations! Love the sweet beach scene you've created!

Conniecrafter said...

You have done a fabulous job using all these dies to make a terrific beach scene, like the softness of the background!

Barbara said...

I am lucky to have the beaches of Wisconsin and Florida to reflect on. This scene makes me want to got there. Congrats on the design gig.

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is absolutely wonderful, Birgit! Being on the DRU team is where I got a lot of my dies in the beginning, too. They got me off to a great start!