Good morning friends ~ Today's card was made for the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge. I was so afraid I was going to miss the deadline, but phew! I made it with three days to spare.
This card is a little heavy on the stripes, but that was totally intentional as you'll see why when you see the inspiration tile Darlene and Diane gave for the challenge.
Stripey! Right??
I stenciled a sweet candy cane background using stencils from Pretty Pink Posh. The mug is from Ink N' Splatter. I won this die last year from ACOT and hadn't even clipped apart the pieces yet. It's a cute, chunky little mug!
It's a little busy to look at in my opinion, but it's kind of growing on me. The candy canes look brighter in real life. Anyway, I'm happy to add a Christmas card to my stash.
I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Stencil Fun ~ No Option

9 comments:
You definitely have the stripes covered in this sweet card Birgit, and I'm loving it! Your big and chunky mug does take center stage but I'm loving the background too! And the sentiment is a perfect fit! Sweet, SWEET card my friend!! Hugs. :0)
Lovely, and yummy, card, Birgit! I love the colors that you've used on this mug, and the background and snowflake in the center give it such a fun feel. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday!
Very cute, Birgit!
I think your stripes are just right, and your chunky mug is making me wish I was wearing a whipped cream mustache right now! I love all the candy canes. It's a very happy card!
very cute, love your candy cane background with this, fun design for the cup too and like the snowflake on it. Perfect sentiment!
mmmm that looks YUMMY! Love all of the stripes and the candy cane background too! Very Merry!
OMG this cuppa looks so inviting! Well done my friend ... beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Stencil Fun & Peace on Earth challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Wishing you a FUN FILLED weekend ahead!!
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
Peace on Earth Co-Owner
Super cute cute card and it makes me all cozy on this cool and rainy day here in Michigan!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Peace On Earth Co-Owner
What a card with so many beautiful details and elements!! Now that's a frame worthy card! Thank you for joining the Beautiful Blossoms monthly challenge! We always look forward to seeing your inspired creations and hope you join us for next month's challenge! ~ Amanda
Post a Comment