Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PaperTrey Ink Anniversary Celebration

I've been a busy little bee in my craft area today making cards for the fabulous Papertrey Ink Anniversary party that's going on this week. This card was made to meet yesterday's challenge of using one of the design team's favorite cards to inspire a creation of my own. This card goes along with one of Heather Nichol's cards where she did watercoloring with twinkling H2O's. Well, I haven't used mine in quite some time and when I dug them out from my supplies, I discovered they weren't twinkling H2O's at all, but were Perfect Pearls (something completely different). I didn't let that dampen my spirit as I had an idea in my head of what I wanted to make using them. I hope it still counts for the contest even though it's not watercolored. I still thank Heather for the inspiration! Here is my card:
The perfect pearls give the stamped image an irridescent look rather than watercolor, but I still thought it came out ok. I used Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise and black inks. The perfect pearls were Creamsicle and Teal Zircon. The stamps are from PTI's Embroidered Blooms and Holiday Photo Finishes. I die cut a butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies set and the oval and scalloped oval are from Spellbinders. The background paper is from the line "Cashmere Dame" from Glitz. Thanks for visiting! Blessings~ Birgit

No comments: