Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PTI Celebrates 6 years!

In celebrations of Papertrey Ink's 6th year anniversary, Nichole is having the most wonderful release party. PTI stamps are one of my favorites and though I don't post much, I just had to take advantage of this opportunity to play. Six random winners will receive their wish list for free up to $300.00! I can't even imagine what I would do if I won but a girl can dream, right?
Yesterday, Nichole challenged us to choose a favorite card from one of the designers and use it as inspiration to create one of our own. It was so hard to choose because I adore all of the designers and everything they create. But, when I saw two of Debbie Olson's cards done using the clear cardstock I just knew that's what I wanted to try. I had purchased some of their clear cardstock a few months ago and have been so intimated by it that I haven't used it yet. Today I faced my fears and this is the card I made.

All supplies are PTI unless otherwise noted. I made the background paper using Background Basic Text Style and Postmarks using Fine Linen, Simply Chartreuse and Dark Chocolate (which I stamped off once).

For the front I used the lovely Rosie Posie stamp set and Simply Chartreuse and Melon Berry inks. The banner die is from Spellbinders.
Sorry for the glare in the photo, it's hard to get a good picture without the light glaring on the clear cardstock.
Here's the inside

I cut the flower and banner dies in plain white cardstock and mounted them on the inside of the front of the card and used the flower blank space to stamp my message and I can sign my name inside the banner.
I really enjoyed this challenge because it made me face my fear and I've discovered that working with the clear cardstock is actually quite fun~ I can't wait to use it again! Thanks for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really nice card.