Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Dreaming of Spring

Hello ~ Are you keeping warm?  We woke up to 3 degrees this morning but the sun is shining today so it's all good.  We got lots of new snow the other day and now I'm looking forward to warmer temps so I can take my dog out snow shoeing through the woods out back of our house.   

I have two cards for you today, both for two different challenges.  Using these flower stamps recently has me dreaming of spring.

The first card uses a beautiful stamp set from Spellbinders called Layered Rose.

  
I stamped the flowers using Altenew's Floral Cube Set and Warm Gray Cube Set.  The Altenew Mini Cube Sets are my "go-to" sets when stamping layered images.  The colors are all perfectly coordinated and I don't have to do too much thinking.    The sentiment is from PTI's Cheerful Heart set.  

I'm adding this card to a new to me challenge, The Flower Challenge.  My friend Marcia joined in on this challenge recently and who doesn't love flowers??

  The inspiration photo is totally inspiring, don't you think?

My next card was made for the PTI Make-It Monday Challenge.  My friend Michelle Leone hosted this week and inspired us to use our alphabet dies for this week's "Lotsa Letters" challenge.  

I used PTI's Community Garden, Headline Alphabet and Pierced Feature Frames.  

You can find all the details of this challenge here.

I'll also be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Simon Says Work It Wednesday ~ Try Something New ~ "NEW SET"
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Two FABULOUS cards Birgit!! Your pink and grey card is SOOOOO PRETTY and definitely makes me think (and wish for!) Spring! (Today we woke up to a balmy 8 degrees, but yesterday was a -7 when we woke up...brrrrrr!!) Your 2nd card is just as sweet as can be and almost makes me wish I was a gardener! Glad to see you're having fun in your stamp room! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

It's COLD here too Birgit and we had over a foot of snow this weekend ~ yikes! Your pretty cards have me longing for warmer days!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful cards! I love that 1st one, so pretty! Great frame work and those flowers are magnificent! The colors, oh my....perfect! That 2nd one is so charming. I was just on Pinterest you should see these garden posts I just saw....maybe I'll make 1 or 30 lol (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/488570259574350288/?utm_campaign=category_pp&e_t=a8c0e91a69d94c4fb350d3c9f67cc83c&utm_content=488570259574350288&utm_source=31&utm_term=8&utm_medium=2012) Stay warm. We had temps in the 7 and 8, but that sunshine makes all the difference....soak it up!

Donna Phelan said...

Actually these poles were my favorite: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/488570259574350288/?utm_campaign=category_pp&e_t=a8c0e91a69d94c4fb350d3c9f67cc83c&utm_content=488570259574350288&utm_source=31&utm_term=8&utm_medium=2012&fbclid=IwAR2RyH1_uC-K4DXbI8L5RV_Mnqh8xsEiGi9HlUt8K7EIBFIGfvdjjk3GH6A

Kara Lynne said...

Those flowers are a great reminder that spring will come again! The roses are gorgeous and I love your pinks and grey. Such a beautiful stamp of that verse too! Your "Happy" card theme is perfect for the saying - who can be sad when they are gardening!?

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful cards, Birgit! Love the bright colors! hugs, de

I Card Everyone said...

Twice as much to love this morning, Birgit! Your lovely cards are making me yearn for Spring, too!! Gorgeous, and perfect for those challenges!
=]

Viv said...

Two fabulous cards here Birgit.Just love the first one esp. with those beautiful roses and pretty embossed sentiment.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge', so happy you found us and we hope you will join us again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...two simply fabulous creations. Love the wonderful flowers on your first card and that sentiment is perfect! Your second card is so sweet, love that sweet flower basket!

Conniecrafter said...

I love your colors for the flowers and leaves, great way to frame it too and great verse! Beautiful job!!
Your garden basket looks great, fun way to do the sentiment!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Two wonderful cards Birgit! The Flower Challenge is new to me but I will certainly have a look at it. Cheers.

Janice said...

Two gorgeous cards Birgit, I love the layered flower background in the first one.

Susie said...

Lovely cards, Birgit! I especially like the gardening card (because we are looking forward to warmer days).

Helen F. said...

Two beautiful card creations! Love the roses in pink and grey with that awesome sentiment as your framed focal image, Birgit. The sweet basket of posies look like they come from your garden ~ well ~ soon!!
Sending warm wishes your way, friend. :-)

Linda said...

Two beauties, Birgit. Love the gorgeous pink and gray card. Looks so springy. And your second one is just adorable. Hope all is well with you.