Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Hoo's Birthday???

Frosty morning to y'all!  It's so cold here on the east coast and we've got another snow storm coming in this afternoon.  What's a girl to do but sit in her craft room and craft all day, right??
Actually, I have been in there very little and I've been bored to bits!  I've done two jigsaw puzzles on the dining room table because I just haven't had the motivation to do much else.  But I think I'm finally on the mend, if I could just get rid of the stuff in my head but I didn't come here to complain and you sure didn't come here to listen to me complain!  ;0)  
There is something cozy about the inspiration over at the Inspired By Challenge.  

Call me strange but I was warmed by the brown and black colors in their inspiration photo.  Here's where I went with:  
I have a very warm blanket that's about the colors of this black and brown plaid paper.  I love snuggling under that blanket with my dog at my feet and my kitty on my lap.  It doesn't take long for me to get over heated by warmth and love.

I used Altenew Bold Alphabet Dies to cut the large letters out of the brown and black plaid design paper.  I've had this funny little owl in my stash for a long time and decided that it was time to use him.  I nested him on some die cut greens that have also been sitting along with this pine cone which fit perfectly over one of the "o's".

I stamped the Birthday portion using a stamp from Happy Little Stampers.  I'm not a very "punny" person but I think this turned out kind of cute.

I'll also be adding this card into the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How cute! I just love those plaid letters with that fun little hoot perched on top of them. This is a delightful card Birgit. I went through crafting lull too. Sometimes it's good to take a break and regroup. But I hope you're back to your crafty self soon, I miss your pretty cards!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...such a sweet card my friend! That owl is just too cute and looks fabulous on top of the "HOO'S"! Love the brown and black DSP too!! I think this weather makes it hard for our mojo's to keep going and I've been spending more time reading under my nice soft blanket than I have been stamping, so you are not alone! :0)

Patti said...

Oh Birgit! this is so cute!!! your addition of the plaid paper was brilliant! you have such an amazing way of punching the WOW factor!

Danni Reid said...

SO cute! Love the warmth, fun sentiment, everything!

Sharron said...

So adorable, Birgit! The little owl is so sweet and I love the plaid. The die cut letters with the pinecone make a perfect perch! So glad to hear i'm not alone hibernating! I've read so many books this winter!! The dogs like to cuddle too so it's so easy to snuggle with them and stay in unless I have something scheduled.

Donna Phelan said...

Get thyself into thy craft room! lol We are not as cold as the Midwest, probably not as cold as you wither. Almost 40 today, high of 17 tomorrow. Brrr Stay cozy! This is a really sweet card, one might say it's a hoot lol

Laurel said...

Such a great take on the challenge! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Conniecrafter said...

it turned out so very cute, that owl is so adorable and I love that the pinecone is the same size as the "O", like the plaid used for the letters too, great country feel