Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Vintage Ice Skate Ornament Box ~ Dies R Us Challenge~ Anything Goes

Hello and Happy New Year!  Are you tired of seeing these ornament boxes yet?  I enjoyed making so many of them and just have to share them with my friends.  So today's ornament box is for the new challenge going on over at Dies R Us, where the theme is "Anything Goes".
I used the Elizabeth Craft Designs Ice Skate to make this vintage inspired ornament box.  

I cut the skate out of light blue cardstock and then covered it with a healthy dose of Silk Microfine Glitter in cool white, also from Elizabeth Craft Designs.


You can find all the details of the challenge and join in on the fun here.  
The winner will receive a gift card to Dies R Us. 


Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

NEVER! I never grow tired of seeing your beautiful creations, cards or ornaments, or beautiful boxes....keep em' coming! Love the glittery skates and the laced ribbon and bow details. So pretty!

Diane said...

Beautiful Ornament box Birgit and I love all the glittery goodness!! Have a fabulous 2019!!

Darlene said...

Oh Birgit I just LOVE this! The vintage elements are awesome and your choice of color is perfect! Beautiful job once again! Happy New Year my friend ... wishing you an amazing 2019! Hugs

Sherri said...

Oh, I'm so glad you framed this! It belongs on the wall, for sure! Gorgeous vintage piece and love your colors. Happy New Year, Birgit!

Maria said...

Oh, what a gorgeous ornament, box! Love the pretty ice skate! Awesome details! Happy New Year!

Marcia Hill said...

I love this shadow box and am very happy it came to my house to stay! I took it off the tree when we de-decorated and now it's on a shelf in my craft room where I can see it every day! I love every single little detail you included in this one and especially love all that light turquoise blue sparkle!! Beautifully done my friend!! :0)

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I love the vintage design of it. Happy New Year to you as well.

laurie said...

I don't get tired of ornament boxes...this one is just lovely! The vintage look is so fun and I think those skates are awesome. Happy New Year Birgit!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is vintagey and lovely! I like the sparkle you added to the skate!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous skate! Love the shine and sparkle! Post a many as you like--I never tire of seeing these wonderful designs!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning creation! Simply magical, just love your sweet vintage skate that blue is amazing!! Happy New Year!

Kathy Krug said...

Gorgeous design, Birgit. I love how you showcased the skate in the shadow box.

Conniecrafter said...

No I so enjoy the creations you come up with, I so love the sparkle you added to the skate, great vintage feel to it!

Linda said...

Your ornament boxes are so cute, Birgit. So awesome. Happy New Year, my friend.