Monday, May 15, 2023

Art Journal Using Limited Supplies ~ Mixed Media Monday

Hello friends,  I'm writing this post from sunny California!  I'm staying at my son and daughter-in-loves house until June.  I flew out the end of April, to come and babysit my sweet little "P" until her mama gets out of school in June.  


I shipped a large flat rate box of craft tools and very few supplies so that I could get my craft on while I'm here, but I realized right away that I did not have much to create with.  I only had one stamp set that was for a design team project but I can't share that card with you until later. 

 So, I hopped on Amazon and found this super cute, all in one kit in a vintage style, which you know I love.  

The kit came complete with an art journal, pretty botanical printed papers, die cut ephemera and vellum stickers.  Now, I've never used vellum stickers before and I've just discovered that I love them!  They have a translucent look to them, that gives them a little halo look around the image.

I also purchased a clear botanical stamp set that will get lots of use in my art journaling when I return home.


I had no distress oxide inks and no blending tools, no stencils or other mediums so the page is pretty basic.  But it still gave me plenty of joy creating it and I'm happy with the way it turned out.
If you haven't seen me commenting on your blog for a bit, now you know why.  My computer time is very limited, as I am here for sweet "P" and the computer can wait.  I'll try to play catch up, as well as I can, when I can.  Until then, I'll try to share the few things I'm making.  I had a sweet visit and a surprise from a friend, which I'll share in a later post.  

I'll be adding today's project into the following challenges:




Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Amazing what you came up with with such limited supplies Birgit, and I'm loving it! Vellum stickers??? I've never heard of them but I sure will be looking for them! And I love the little botanical stamp set you found too! So glad you have a little bit of time to craft so you don't start having withdrawl symptoms, but you know it's never too early to get Miss P started on her crafting journey!! Enjoy all that snuggle time with her though, and I'm looking forward to your next post too! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your time, nothing better :) Love your page, and how great you were able to find such a neat kit and stamp set to work with, I do like the vellum stickers too, I like your soft stamping in the background, turned out great!

Donna Phelan said...

What a beautiful creation, that Kit must be lovely! Thank goodness for Amazon lol Hope you're getting in plenty of snuggles too! What a fun time you must be having! Nothing like it! xo~

Nancy Penir said...

What a wonderful kit! You know I love all things vintage-y and this kit has it all! Stamps are always handy, and I'm sure you'll put these to good use. Beautiful, dreamy page, my friend. Kiss P for me! xoxo

Lisa Elton said...

You made the best of your crafty situation and you made some great purchases! Another wonderful project. I love that you're getting this time with you granddaughter! Enjoy every moment, Birgit!

Darlene said...

Oh my friend, this is so gorgeous! Glad you're getting a little crafting in ... awesome kit! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

I Card Everyone said...

I love the kit you found and the sweet little vintage stamp set will really come in handy for your lovely vintage style, Birgit!
I know you are loving every moment of this time with Miss P! Snuggles from Auntie Michele!
=]

Karen K said...

I just love everything about this Birgit :) The colors and design are perfect. Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts this week. Karen K (DT)

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, sweet Birgit. This is so pretty. What a fab stamp set. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art and creativity with us at The Card Concept. It's always a treat to stop by your blog to see your wonderful cards. We do hope you'll join us again soon.

Also, I'd LOVE to have you come play along with us again soon at Word Art Wednesday. I look forward to seeing your sweet cards linked up there soon as well. Have a wonderfully blessed week. I'll see you in blog land.
Karen L, DT
The Card Concept
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com