Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Vintage Flowers Postage Stamp ~ Double D Challenge

Happy Wednesday crafty friends!  As you know, every other Wednesday, Double D Challenges brings you a new challenge and I think this one is going to be super fun!
The theme is "FLOWERS".  

Gasp!  Who doesn't have tons of flowers in their crafty stash to play with??

I pulled out Sizzix Brushstroke Flowers 2 and die cut the flowers out using Scrapbook.com Smooth Cardstock in Warms and Floral tones.

I stamped a few background images using Spellbinders Sign Here & Reading Matter Clear Stamps and framed the front panel using a Postage Stamp Die.

Are you ready to pull out your flowers and get your craft on?
I hope you'll visit Double D Challenges to see more amazing inspiration and join in on the fun.

Here's the inspiration tile to get you started:

And here's what you could win when you play along:

Here are some handy links to the products I used today:

Sizzix Brushstroke Flowers 2
Smooth Cardstock Warms
Smooth Cardstock Floral
Spellbinders Sign Here Clear Stamps
Spellbinders Reading Matter Clear Stamps
Postage Stamp Dies

Happy crafting in your paper garden, my friends.
Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

LOVE this beautiful and delightful vintage stamp you created for your card! It's quite fabulous! The pinking border, the cancel mark and those pretty posies! This is just so cool!

Darlene said...

AWESOME card my friend and your staging is perfect to showcase it's beauty! Thanks for another amazing DT project!

Barbara said...

I love the look that you created of a beautiful flower stamp. Your photography of this card is a striking as the card itself. I adore the background that the die cut flowers and the price!

Marcia Hill said...

Such a beautiful floral card Birgit! Your flowers are so lovely and I love all the vintage background stamping...especially the 6 1/4 stamp! I wonder if they ever really had a stamp that cost that price with the additional 1/4 cent?! Anyway, lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki said...

This is fantastic, Birgit. That postmark stamp is the best! Beautiful vintage design and with lots of dimension. One of my favorite color combinations too. Oh, and I love my postage stamp dies too.

Leslie Miller said...

Yup, I'm one who has plenty of flower stamps and dies in my stash! I love the colors you chose for this. Very warm and nice. Cool background stamping, too. I really like the vintage postage theme.

I Card Everyone said...

Count me in to the floral bunch, Birgit!
OH, I do love a postage edged die - how perfect for your vintage postal stamps! If you designed the real stamps, I'd choose them every time!
So blooming beautiful!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

Your flowers are so lovely and I like the stamping you did in the background too, I love how you matted it all on the postage stamp die, great touch! I agree I probably have way too many flowers.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this! What a pretty card, Birgit, it just makes me smile!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card,love the colour and gorgeous design .x

Judy Woodland said...

So, so beautiful!! I love what you have done with this challenge, those flower die cuts are perfect. Gorgeous design, my dear.

Diane said...

Gorgeous florals, beautiful colors too, love those dies you have used and the black card stock really make the flowers pop!!