Monday, August 21, 2023

Think Pink ~ Mixed Media Monday

I saw pink and thought of you.
Good morning crafty friends ~ I have a pretty pink entry in my art journal to share with you today.  It all started with this beautiful background paper from Spellbinders Flea Market Finds Florals Palette

 I was struck by the bold pink flowers and vines cascading across the paper.

I started the process by using a Brick Stencil and a craft spatula, applying Translucent Distress Texture Paste over the stencil all around the border of the page.  Once that dried I added Picket Fence Distress Paint over the top.  Using a damp paper towel, I wiped the paint off the brick, allowing the paint to settle between the bricks like mortar.  I love how the colors of the printed paper show through the translucent bricks, with a faint white detail between them.

In Focus:
Using a Tim Holtz Specimen die, I created the butterfly slide, adding stamped images from Cathe Holden's Sign Here stamp set.  The Delicate Dogwood die cut flower is from Poppystamps.  I colored it using Copic markers and stamped it with a script stamp.

 
 I added some ephemera pieces from Flea Market Finds Coat Check Miscellany and Meadow Lark Miscellany, after distressing the edges of each piece with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink.  See those pretty vellum flowers with gold details??  Those are from Pinkfresh Studio Garden Bouquet Washi.

I added some stitched lines to the left side of the page that was from an old rub-on, but I messed it up when I was painting and rubbing the bricks, so I covered them with a strip of glitter washi tape.  I love how this page turned out.  In fact, I'm tickled PINK about it!!

I hope you like it too.

Here's a list of products I used today:

Spellbinders Flea Market Finds Florals Palette
Brick Stencils
Translucent Distress Texture Paste
Picket Fence Distress Paint
Sizzix Specimen dies by Tim Holtz
Coat Check Miscellany
Meadow Lark Miscellany
Pinkfresh Studio Garden Bouquet Washi


I'll be adding this project to the following challenges:
Creative Artiste Challenge ~ Anything Mixed Media Goes
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge ~ Anything Goes without Mood Board Option
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by!










10 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I'm tickled pink over this page too Birgit...it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love how you added the brick over the dsp...it totally looks like that's the way the paper was intended to look all along! And all the beautiful ephemera you've added...this page just couldn't be any lovelier!! This just might be my favorite page so far!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I love your pretty-in-pink page - and especially the first 'I saw pink...' words of your post! So wonderful!
=]

Anonymous said...

So cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh that Designer Paper looks AHmazing! Love it! Great texture and pretty posies! Love the butterfly slide too. This is fantastic!

Conniecrafter said...

Your page is just gorgeous, I just love the effect of the brick stencil and still being able to see the papers. Such lovely flowers added to it. Like how you used the specimen die with the butterfly too!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, Birgit... this is dreamy! Love this pretty in pink creation and all of those marvelous details!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful note book cover. Love the layering and texture. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful journal page, I love the Vintage Images and mixed media vibe. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we appreciate the support.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my what a pretty pretty page, the translucent paste through the brick stencil looks totally amazing upon that beautiful background page. Stunning eye for detail with all the mix and match ephemera, I am in awe of this wonderful journal page.
Thanks so much for sharing @ Creative Artiste, best of luck in our August Challenge.
Creative wishes Tracey (DT)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fab use of the printed paper and clever techniques for a gorgeous card!
Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! xxo, Aimeslee DT