Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Pink October ~ Double D Challenges

Hello friends~ Happy October!  Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month?  Double D Challenges is drawing your attention to this fact, by bringing you a "Pink October" challenge.

I reached deep into the recess' of my stamps to find these oldie but goodies stamps from MFT.  
In Focus:
I wanted my card to be soft and light hearted, so I stamped this smiling face from Peachy Keen Stamps onto one of the pumpkins.  Isn't she adorable?

The background paper is from a Valentine's paper pack.  I enjoyed this challenge so much!  Who would think that you could use paper from a Valentine pack on a halloween card??

I can't think of anyone who hasn't been touched in some way by breast cancer,  whether it's you, someone you love or a dear friend.  Think PINK and show your support!  Visit Double D Challenges to see more pink inspiration and join in on the fun!  

Here's the mood board to help inspire you:

And here's the prize you could win when you play along:


Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Diane said...

What an adorably cute cute pumpkin, she is so sweet and I do love the pretty and softness of your card, well done my friend!!

Darlene said...

Awe what a sweet card and your cute, smiling pumpkin brought an instant smile to my face! Well done my friend!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh do I love that face on your sweet lil pumpkin Birgit...that is just too CUTE!! And how fun that you used Valentines dsp for your Halloween card...that just makes me tickled pink! (sorry, couldn't resist! I think Michele is rubbing off on me!! Haha!!) Anyway, sweet, SWEET card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Brandy said...

Beautiful card! Love the stamped pumpkins

Lena said...

This is so cute. Pink is not a colour I normally associate with October, but this is just so sweet, I'll have to change my mind :-) Have a wonderful day.
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I adore that sweet little smiling punkin'! even the polka dotty one is cute in these delectable pinks!
That's pretty good that Marcia is giving me credit for her sense of humor, isn't it?? LOL
Love this challenge!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You know the polka dot pumpkin caught my eye... but the one with the sweet little face has me smitten too! Darling card, Birgit!

Donna Phelan said...

Those pumpkins are fab! She's a doll lol Love the stamp style die cut and your layering. Such a cutesy little sentiment too!

Vicki said...

So fun and whimsical, Birgit! What a great idea to give the pumpkin a happy little face. She looks tickled pink, for sure!

Barbara said...

Birgit, I just have to say, like everyone else, that your pumpkin face is so divine. I just made me smile. I am so glad that you mentioned that pink in October is for cancer awareness month. I have a sister that had breast cancer and one sister that has passed from cancer. I should have been aware. One problem is when you work ahead you don't think of those things.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness that is just too cute, I love the face you put on the pumpkin, sure makes it a cheerful Halloween card, fun paper to go with it too!

Judy Woodland said...

How adorable, this is just the sweetest little Pink October card. I LOVE the pumpkins pink cheeks and the polka dots on the other one are perfect. FABULOUS card!!!

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful card, such a pretty colourful one too xx