Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Foraged Just For You

Hello and happy August!  Today's card is a sweet, summer shaped card featuring mushrooms which I foraged just for you.
 
To begin with, I used these new Keyplate Etched Dies from Say It With Stamps.  This past winter I was the winner of a whole box of brand new dies from A Cherry On Top, and this set of dies was among them.  I hadn't used them until now and I'm so pleased with them! 
 
The mushrooms and fauna are from Cottage Cutz.  I die cut them from textured cardstock and added color by sponging on Distress Inks.
 
The printed papers are just a gathering of scraps found in my scrap box.  
I really like how this card turned out and it's one more birthday card added to my stash.  Bonus, that it can be used for a masculine or feminine birthday.
 
I'll be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
 
 Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Love the punny title of your post and your beautiful foraged card that brought me to your post. Love your take on the Timeout Nature Challenge! I so appreciate a good pun as you can see from my card. 💗

Vicki said...

This is just delightful Birgit! Such a fun shape with so many details and great dimension. Love the mushrooms and colors you used. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with the August Challenge at A Cut Above.
Vicki - ACA Owner

Leslie Miller said...

I would be pleased with them, too! What a great win! You just reminded me that I have some really cute Cottage Cutz mushroom dies. I love everything you combined here. Love the colors and papers. Just everything! What a fabulous gender-free card, Birgit!

Donna Phelan said...

What a great win! Whahoo! Love this mushroom creation, aren't they just fun to create with! Loving the foraged cluster--so pretty! We've had a lot of rain, thank goodness, and now we have a bunch of mushrooms here and there--but nothing as pretty as your!

Barb Finnical said...

Birgit, this is such a wonderful card! Those mushrooms are so crisp and sharp looking, and of course, the shape of the card itself is spectacular. You did a great job “foraging” this! 😊 Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. We always appreciate seeing what you’ve created!

Lena said...

Such a sweet card. Love those mushrooms! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit the shape of this card and frames is fabulous! If I were a fungi, I would definitely want to grow here!
Congrats on that win!
=]

Crystal Collier said...

Super cute! Here's where I admit I haven't done anything crafty that wasn't absolutely mandatory in ages. Too many kids running around. LOL. One day.

Bobby said...

What a wonderful shaped card, Birgit, and those mushrooms look right at home all nestled together with the ferns. Thanks for sharing your delightful card with us at Time Out.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the shaped card, love the colors, love the mushrooms... heck I love it all!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE everything about this card Birgit!! The frames are awesome and just perfect for framing out those wonderful mushrooms! I love all the dsp you used too. Such a fun and gender neutral birthday card...love it! Sorry I've been a bit behind in my commenting...mom fell last week and spent 4 days in the hospital and is now at a rehab facility for a couple weeks at least. Broke her right knee cap, her left wrist, and her 3 front teeth which then went all the way through her upper lip...kind of a hot mess! Her balance is not there anymore and she will have to use a walker for the rest of her life now. But anyway, that is where I've been spending most of my time. Hope to email you soon!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Beautiful card Birgit! Love the pretty shape of this card and the framed inner portion too. The text looks great in the background. Your mushrooms and flora are so pretty. Lovely summer card. xx

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, that die cut does make a great frame, love the mushroom and all the foliage with them!

Darlene said...

Hello my friend! This is just AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Love Those Pretty Papers challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. Miss You!

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful and sunny 🌞 ☀️ card.