Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Create Your Own Fringe ~ A Card of Encouragement

Hello friends~  I've got a project for the Cut Cardstock blog for you today.
Creating your own fringe is as easy as 1-2-3... literally!  I've created some pretty glittery fringe using some of the gorgeous Glitter Paper that's on sale during the month of April.
 Here's a look at today's project.  Now lets make some fringe!

Step 1.  Cut three strips of Glitter Paper approximately 1" wide.
Step 2.  Carefully snip straight lines about 2/3 of the way up the strip lengthwise being careful not to cut all the way through the Glitter Paper and going down the entire length of the strip.
Step 3.  Adhere the strips to the front of your card using 1/4 inch wide Score Tape.

I die cut brackets out of a piece of pink cardstock using Concord & 9th Friends Like You Dies and stamped a verse from PTI's New Every Morning set between the brackets.  I created a pretty black layered flower using Black Licorice Pop Tones Cardstock and Flower Petal Dies from My Creative Time.  I adhered each layer of the flower using Glue Dots and attached a shimmery gold candy dot to the center.

I hope you enjoyed today's project.  Please visit Cut Cardstock on the web for all your paper crafting needs.  You can also find us at PinterestTwitter and Facebook.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

7 comments:

Sharron said...

Such a beautiful card, Birgit! The pink and black with the lovely glittery silver and gold makes a lovely stage for the wonderful verse!

Nancy Penir said...

Wow! Fringe fantasy! Love that verse from Joshua, and love those bracket dies calling attention to the verse! Beautiful card, Birgit.

Janice said...

Fabulous card Birgit, I do love your glittery fringe, such a pretty embellishment to add to your card!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card my friend! Never thought of myself as a "fringe" person, but have to admit I really love your glittery fringe on this card! And I most definitely LOVE the verse from Joshua with the brackets highlighting it...this whole card is just so well done! Love it!! :0)

Marybeth said...

What a fun idea with the fringe , Brigit! Love the silver, gold and black too!

Conniecrafter said...

The glittery fringe really dresses up the card, that is a great verse too!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I never thought to put silver, gold and black together on a card; these colors give such an elegant, sophisticated look that go perfectly with your stamp.