Sunday, April 30, 2017

Elizabeth Craft Designs ~ Masculine / Feminine Birthday

Good morning friends~  Like many of you, I struggle with creating masculine cards.  I've got a post up at the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today using these wonderful Feathers by Joset Designs.  This card can be used for either a masculine or feminine birthday.

I just love how they look tipped in gold.
Let's get started!
I started by cutting the Diamond Background out of Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock and adhered it to an A2 sized top folding card front.

I blended a large square of White Soft Finish Cardstock using Peacock Feathers, Abandoned Coral and Cracked Pistacio Distress Inks, spritzed with water and cut the Feathers out.  If you've never tried blending on Soft Finish Cardstock, you really must!  The texture is so soft and the colors blend so easily.  

I stamped some of the feathers using a pretty script background in a very light color and tipped all of the feathers using gold embossing powder.  

I cut two Stitched Fishtail Banners out of scraps of decorative paper and one out of a scrap of white.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from General Sentiments onto the white banner and assembled the card.

After assembling the card I tied a bit of twine around the feathers and added some pretty little sequins.

I hope you enjoyed today's project.  You can find these and many more wonderful products at Elizabeth Craft Designs.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

3 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I need a masculine card for my brother and this feather one is full of inspiration. I have to remember to stamp the feathers with script and emboss the edges like you did. I'm so glad you shared this card today. I, too, have trouble with masculine cards but not after seeing your's today. Welcome back from your vacation!

Conniecrafter said...

The feathers are just gorgeous, I love the colors and the dipping of gold is so cool, love the effect it makes, neat use of the stitched banners too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.