Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A Twist Panel Pop Up Card ~ Double D Challenges ~ Butterflies

Hello friends~  It's time for a new challenge over at Double D Challenges.  
This week, the theme is Butterflies:
 
Who doesn't have tons of them in their stash?  I do and I had a hard time deciding what direction I was going to go with this challenge.  I started by pulling out beautiful papers by Mintay called 7th Heaven. 

 Yes, you've seen many projects from me using this line of paper but I just can't help myself from using it again and again.  But this card has a twist...  

 Literally!!  When you open it, four beautiful panels twist and pop out.  I used Karen Burniston's Twist Panel Pop-Up die to create this.  

 This line of paper lends itself perfectly to this style of card because each set contains two sheets of these lovely journal panels.  Here are more butterflies, in keeping with the theme of the challenge.

 There's plenty of room to write or stamp a thoughtful message to the recipient.  
I added another journaling panel at the bottom of the card for room to sign your name.

This card looks like it took hours to make but it actually came together fairly quickly once I figured out how to assemble the twist panel gizmo.


Now it's your turn to join in on the fun at Double D Challenges
Here's what you could win:

Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderfully designed and beautiful.

Donna Phelan said...

That die gizmo is fantastic! They make for such a surprise card element! Love your gorgeous papers and beautiful butterflies! This creation really has a WOW factor!

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Birgit, the papers are gorgeous. I haven't made a card like this for a while as always found taking pics of it hard but you have achieved it successfully... stunning make. xx

Diane said...

WOW!! Stunning card and what a perfect way to show off those gorgeous Mintay papers, I might have to case this since I have every pad of Mintay they have come out with so far..love this!!

Darlene said...

WOWZA what a BEAUTY!! How clever of you on the design and yes, that Mintay paper is perfect for a project such as this! Absolutely GORGEOUS and I agree ... certainly has the ' WOW! ' factor!! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful and so very elegant. Love all the sweet soft pastel colors and all those flowers, over the top gorgeous!

Marcia Hill said...

I'll join in with a WOW too my friend!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I don't have any of the Mintay papers, but if you're ever looking to get rid of any, send them my way!! Those papers are SO pretty and just perfect for the butterfly challenge! And I love the pop up surprise...SOOOOO FUN!! Lovely, lovely card Birgit!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

This is incredible!! It's dreamy, feminine, romantic... just gorgeous Birgit!

Vicki said...

This is so delightful, Birgit! Twist and pop cards are so unique and I love Mintay papers too. This collection is beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that turned out just gorgeous, these papers are perfect for your surprise inside you are able to show off the papers wonderfully!
I love how you used the border dies on the front with that great sentiment!

Barbara said...

These papers are Heaven and the perfect place for a fabulous butterfly. Then there is the surprise inside, Well done my dear.

Martina said...

This is amazing, Birgit! Wonderful work in DT. I really like the romantic style of papers.

Judy Woodland said...

How beautiful. This is just so elegant and lovely. It looks like so much work, but I'm sure it was great fun to do. Those patterned papers are just magnificent and you have used them perfectly. Simply STUNNING, that is all!!!

Janice said...

A fabulous fold card Birgit! Really pretty colours and papers.