Thursday, August 13, 2020

Baby Swan Gift Set

Good morning friends~  I've got a cutie pie gift set that I made and put together for my daughter's sister-in-law who's expecting a tiny baby girl in October.  As many of you know, I like to make my gifts based off the shower invitations I receive.  People choose their shower invitations as a means of reflecting their style so by coordinating the gift to go along with the invitation, I feel like it's more personal than just buying a gift.  This sounds strange, but personal invitations get my creative juices flowing. 

For this gift, the baby shower had a sweet pink floral background with a swan wearing a gold crown.  How appropriate, since their last name is Swan.  Spellbinders Card Kit of the Month for February 2019 titled "Golden Swan" was the perfect die set to start my layered scene.

I made the swan, using three layers of the wing to add dimension.  I pulled out lots of dies to create the surrounding scene. 

 Look at the detail on the pretty Elizabeth Craft Design Wisteria.  Can you guess how many hours it took me to cut, shape, glue and assemble that wisteria bush with glittered centers?  A long time!  

Here's the invitation and the outfit I found on Amazon to go along with it.  The colors couldn't have matched more perfectly.  Cute as can be!  Right??


As it happened, I didn't have a girlie gift bag so I made my own, using scrapbook paper, some die cut trim, doily, and a pre-printed swan die from the Spellbinders card kit.  

Here is the card I made to go along with it.

The baby shower is this weekend.  I hope she and baby likes this gift.  

I'll be adding one of my hand made projects to the following challenges:
Simon Says Monday Challenge ~ Summer Memories
AAA Challenge ~ Along the Edge (Card with sentiment along the edge)
The Flower Challenge ~ Add Sparkle (Wisteria Flowers)

I also wanted to let you know that Spellbinders is giving away a FREE set of Wonderland StoryTime Paint Pens with any order over $75.00

 

You can also find more information about all their monthly kits HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is phenomenal!!! Mommy to be is going to be awe-struck at the beautiful gifts you've created. The frame, the card, the bag... everything Birgit, my goodness! And those little clothes, LOVE THEM!!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness....you are simply amazing! What an incredible gift and very more incredible talent that you have. Love it all!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I'm quite sure this new mom is going to overwhelmed by your sweet personalized gift! What a gorgeous Swan!! crown and all!
I couldn't guess how long it took to cut, and arrange the Wisteria, but I do know it was worthy of every second of your time...
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh Birgit...the mom to be is going to be absolutely thrilled with this whole GORGEOUS gift ensemble!! Your framed picture is going to be treasured for years and years to come and that wisteria bush was worth every minute you put into it...absolutely lovely! As is the card, the gift bag, and that ADORABLE outfit! You are so incredibly gifted my friend! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Wow Birgit that is just stunning, I know how long it took you to do all that and it is just wonderful!! She is going to just love how special this is and to add her name to it too it will be a wonderful addition to the babies room! Such a cute outfit your found too and the card is sweet also, love how you did the sentiment up the side like that, neat dimension on the wings too! So much goodness here, have a great time at the shower.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful gift. I am sure this framed work of art will be saved forever.

Tracey McNeely said...

Birgit your gift screams made with love! Wow what an incredible gift you are giving--the framed art is incredible with all those teeny tiny flower, I can't even imagine how long that must have taken. The super sweet outfit and the lovely gift bag and card are all just amazing!

Jane said...

Beautiful card and picture. Someone is going to be thrilled to receive this gift.
Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Darnell said...

Wow, Birgit! I wish I was still able to have a baby, so I could send you an invite! You really knocked this out of the park with all the very special personalized swan creations! She is one lucky little girl! That wall hanging and your card, and handmade gift bag, ... everything is so thoughtfully made and clearly made with love. It will all be cherished! Keep well and thank you for adding schparkle to The Flower Challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Donna Phelan said...

FABULOUS!!! Omgoodness this entire Post is beautiful and glorious! I adore everything about it. Such cute, cute clothes, this baby will be oh so chic! Your card is AHmazing! That gold crowned swan is a delight as is all of your beautiful accents! WOW (almost makes me what to get pregnant--NO IT DOESN'T) lol BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Bobby said...

What a labor of love, Birgit. All the little details in your framed scene are amazing and sure to be treasured forever. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Flower Challenge.

Kara Lynne said...

I am so amazed by your works of art, Birgit! I love how you took your inspiration from the invitation and found so many ways to express it in your card, bag, the clothes, and your framed art! Every little perfect detail is wonderful!

Linda said...

Birgit, your amazing gift set is so beautiful and adorable. I am sure that it is going to be a big hit at the shower. Such a lovely gift.