Saturday, August 1, 2020

Dies R Us ~ Just Desserts

Hello stamplings ~  There's a new challenge starting up today over at the Dies R Us Challenge blog and the theme is "Just Desserts".  This is right up my alley, as I have a sweet tooth that doesn't quit!!

 Ice cream and summer time just go together.  Don't you think?  I pulled out my favorite Sue Wilson Ice Cream Sundae set and created a pop-up card just for you!


I'll start with the outside of the card first.  I used some fun polka dotted paper in cherry red and cut a scalloped frame using Elizabeth Craft Designs Dotted Scallop Rectangles and Stitched Rectangles.  The Cherry sprig is from Spellbinders "Market Fresh" and the sentiment is from Sue Wilson "A Little Birdie Told Me".


Inside the card is where the fun begins!  I used Elizabeth Craft Designs General Pop-Ups to create the pop up portion of the card.  I added the sweet Ice Cream Sundae from Sue Wilson, cutting the ice cream cup in silver mirror paper and adding two scoops of ice cream, because one scoop is never enough!


  This set comes with the sweet little wafers, cones and candy sticks.  Aren't they cute??  A Sundae isn't a Sundae without chocolate on top, so I added some using Elizabeth Craft Designs "Small Cupcake".  Don't forget the Cherry (or two) on top!  The fun little banner is from Elizabeth Craft Designs "Lot's of Pops"

 I added space on the bottom of the card for the message using Elizabeth Craft Designs Dotted Scallop Squares and Stitched Squares.  See the little silver spoon on the bottom right corner?  That's included in the Sue Wilson set too.  She didn't overlook a single detail when she came up with this set.



 I hope you enjoyed today's project and are inspired to play along.
You can find all the details and join in on the fun by clicking here.  You could be the next winner of a DRU Gift Certificate!


I'll be entering this card into the Cut It Up challenge.  The theme is "I Scream, You Scream, We ALL Scream for Ice Cream!"

I wanted to remind you that we have some exciting news to share with you.  Dies R Us now has opened a sister store with warehouses in the USA and Canada called Didi Crafts 


It will ship to both the US and Canada.  Didi Crafts will carry some of the same products as DRU, but most will be different.  Now our Canadian friends don't have to worry about huge taxes or shipping fees. How great is that!?!  We'd love for you to visit by clicking on the links above or by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

Diane said...

Fabulous yummy card, you had me with the two cherries on top...YUM!!! Very creative and fun!!

Darlene said...

YUMMMM! Your double scooper looks awesome (never thought to do that! lol). Fun that we both used the same die but in two totally different ways! Your over all design is FABULOUS and sure to bring a big WOW! Have a great weekend my friend!

Maria said...

Oh, what a beautiful yummy card inside and out!! This makes me want to have a delicious sundae now, lol!! Great card...love it!!

Colleen said...

Wow, what a fun card! Perfect birthday card for littles or people like you and me with a sweet tooth! Fantastic card, Birgit!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I am so hungry now. great design.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I am so hungry now. great design.

Marcia Hill said...

Yummmmmmmmm! Wish we lived close enough to go get one together my friend!! That Sundae is just amazing with all the perfect details and I love the little silver spoon down at the bottom too! And I also love how you keep the front more simple so it's a big WOW when you open up the card! Just AWESOME my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

I love the cherries on the front, and then such a fun surprise when it is open, I love the chocolate on the top with the cherries, so cute!

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

So cool! That's one fantastic looking ice cream sundae. Well done my DT friend.

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like a sweet little birthday card on the outside, then BAM ~ a whole lotta fun on the inside!! This is incredible Birgit!!

Julie Odil said...

Wow! This looks to yummy! Beautiful!

laurie said...

Amazing card..love all the details!!

Kathy Krug said...

I love pop up cards and this one is so much fun. I love the simple design on the front which makes the inside even more special.

Sherri Thacker said...

I love how the ice cream sundae is on the inside of the card. A nice surprise!!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Oooh, that just looks yummy, inside and out! Great job on your card. That sundae will be a fun surprise for the recipient.

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Ice Cream challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com