Saturday, January 6, 2024

A Little Retro Valentine Fun

Hello friends.  Is it too early to start rolling out the Valentine crafts??
Once Christmas and New Year's is over, I look forward to changing out the holiday decorations for Valentines.  I never used to decorate for Valentine's day, but since February 14th is also my daughter's birthday, over the years I've made a few things that I still decorate with today.  

Each year I add a decoration or two.  Just little things, like this darling little retro dog ornament I recently made.  The cutie plaid pup is from Pretty Little Studio.

He sits on a feather boa on top of an old wooden spool.  I covered the spool with ribbon and added a polka dot ribbon and lace trim.

I made a red pinwheel and added a paper doily behind it.   I added a cutie little flower to his bow and glittered him up in various places.


 He's popped up with foam tape to give a little dimension. 

I think he turned out super cute!

Let me know if you'd like to see more of these types of projects.  I'll be sharing some photo's of my Valentine's day decorating soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This plaid little pup is absolutely ADORABLE Birgit! And what a fun decoration to put out each year! (I like to decorate for Valentine's day too!!) I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of some of your decorations, and definitely do more posts like this one...I love 'em!! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

This is extraordinary! Love every little detail and touch! That plaid puppy is the sweetest, the little pinwheel and doily layer is perfect! Love the spool accent too! This is so cool, so retro! I am also making Valentine's! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, she is the bomb in her darling boa and it was certainly time to bring out this sugar-y glitter my friend!
SO cute!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

How cute is this! The little dog is a sweetie and the feather boa kicks things up a notch!

Conniecrafter said...

so creative and so very cute, like the vintage feel to it. The doily combined with the rosette is a great background!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Birgit, this is so CUTE! A very creative piece and I just love it! This little pup reminds me of the Valentines we shared with classmates when I was a kid. I loved Valentine parties at school. Sigh... thanks for the walk down Memory Lane!