Friday, January 19, 2024

NOEL With A Touch of Gold

Hello friends.  It's so cold and snowy outside so I've been trying to make the most of my time indoors, cleaning and organizing my craft space.  I tried clearing off the table, honest I did!  But when I started finding all these little bits and bobs of finished things that haven't been used, the wheels started turning and..... well, you know how that goes.

I found this embossing folder and dies from Honeybee stamps that was sitting on my desk and I remembered I wanted to try adding some gold to the raised part of the frame, so that's what started it all.

So I started looking for something to go in the middle and found these two little love birds.  I stamped some fir boughs around the outside edge of the scrap oval I found in my scrapbox, which fit just perfectly onto this card once I cut a frame using gold mirror cardstock.

The NOEL is al older die it think from PTI.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I don't have the packaging anymore.  Anyway, NOEL is layered with gold mirror cardstock as well. 
I didn't get very far cleaning my craft space but I've got a jump start on Christmas cards for next year.

This card fit perfectly into the Christmas Kickstart Challenge right now, where they're looking for a "Midas Touch".


I'll also be entering this card into the Triple B Challenge
While my card doesn't reflect any of these attributes, you can create anything, any color, any design you want as long as it has BIRDS~BLOOMS or BUTTERFLIES on it.  So there you go!

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is looking for Sparkle and Shine.  I think this might qualify as well.

I hope you're keeping warm where ever you are!
Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Diane said...

A beautifully created card Birgit and I'm impressed you were even attempting to clean off your work table, I NEED to do the same, it looks as though all these bits and bobs were meant to go together!!

Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Marcia Hill said...

Looks like we were on the same page with our winter birdies today Birgit! Great minds DO think alike!! I'm sorry the desk didn't make it to the clean up stage (I had such good intentions too on the 1st this year, but nothing's happened so far!), but YAY for another BEAUTIFUL Christmas card for the stash! I love all the added gold in this card and those two birdies are just as sweet as can be! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs and stay warm!! :0)

Dotty Jo said...

A gorgeous card, Birgit! I love how your subtle pop of gold works so well with your design. Thanks for joining Linda and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet birdie pair with that red/gold frame, Birgit - love it! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart!! Linda the Elf

blbabe1234 said...

Beautiful! Love the touch of gold

Lisa Elton said...

Good for you on getting a jump start on next year with this little beauty! You definitely gave it the midas touch... or shall I say the Birgit touch! Good luck on that clean-up ;)

I Card Everyone said...

I loved my little break from crafting to get things cleared and cleaned up for the new year!
If these two little lovey dovey's are any indication of what you found on your table, I expect there are more darling cards on your horizon!
So sweet, Birgit!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

The birds are so sweet and I just love the stamping you added to it to frame them. The gold on the framing was such a pretty touch too!
I know what you mean, I do attempt to organize and clean and then too many goodies spark something in me and I just have to make :)