Friday, January 12, 2024

More Valentine's Please

Happy Monday friends!  Are you getting tired of my Valentine's posts yet?
Since you clicked on my blog and you're already here, please indulge me and stay for a bit.

In my last post, I mentioned a craft I made using an item I found at the Dollar Tree.  Did you find it in the photo?

If you spied this little cloche, then you're correct!  I found the plastic cloche at the Dollar Tree.  

As you can see, I snazzed it up a bit.  The base was shiny black plastic.  I simply hot glued on some twine and added a button.  I covered the bottom inside with a piece of scrapbook paper and hot glued the vintage buttons and this darling pink glittered deer that I found at Target in the Christmas section.

I fount the Cath Kidston button card printable online and printed it on my home printer.  I sewed on these darling heart shaped, polka dotted buttons.  Swoon!  I love how it turned out and it was so simple to make.  I might have to go back to the Dollar Tree and buy more cloches for all the holidays.  

If you enjoyed the pictures from my last post, here are more of my Valentine displays.

I found this two tiered tray at Goodwill and filled it with some vintage finds as well as some homemade things.

The vintage inspired card in the back is one that I made a few years ago and the Valentine's day candy box is also one that I made.


The light up tree was purchased at Hobby Lobby this year, so if you like it, you can probably still find them.  The kitty on the spool is another handmade.  Bet you couldn't tell that.  huh?  

Thanks for spending some of your time here with me.  Your visits and comments make my day!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

So I totally missed the cloche in your 1st post, but I'm so glad you pointed it out as it's darling!! That sweet little pink deer and the button card were the perfect additions to the inside!! In fact, all your Valentine decorations and display are lovely Birgit...I'm a little jealous! I have a 2 tiered tray that I decorate for Valentine's Day too, but I sure am loving all the vintage items on yours much better!! I'm also really loving that new tree you got too and might just have to make a trip to HL if the snow ever stops! Another lovely, lovely post my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

So Creative! Love your cloche design! I love taking dollar items and jazzing them up too, more bang for your buck...or buck twenty five I suppose! FAB Collection! It must make you HAPPY!!!

Conniecrafter said...

well aren't you ever clever and creative, I have not seen those in my dollar store, I will have to see if they have them now, I love what you put inside and the twine was a neat idea for the base, you have such a lovely vintage display!