Friday, January 26, 2024

Valentine Ornament Box

Hello friends.  Valentine's Day is on the horizon, so I thought I'd share another box ornament with you.  

I hope you don't mind seeing more of these boxes.  They're just so much fun to make!

I used an image from Pretty Little Studio for this little darling.  

Look closely and you'll see that I added some silver garland to the inside edges of the box.  I used various dies from my arsenal that are ages old.

The millinery flowers are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  They have an amazing selection of flowers in every size and color.


While I had my supplies out I made another box ornament, as I'm trying to use up some supplies.  And, why not?

I don't even remember who made these die cuts or where they came from, but the colors matched these paper scraps perfectly and I love watching the birds at our feeders.  

Making these ornament boxes makes me happy, so I'll be entering one of these into the Cut It Up Challenge, where the theme is "This Makes Me Happy".

Do you feel like sticking around?  Here's a few more pictures of the Valentine decorations I've put up.  I cut a bunch of paper hearts from paper scraps and made this little garland to string across our mantel.

Close ups of the decor from left to right.

I made a smaller garland to add to this arched frame.

Did you notice this darling little snapshots book in the picture above?  I found it at Goodwill many years ago and it had never been used.  It has the old paper pages that you had to use photo mounting corners to add pictures.  I just love the image on the cover and it still looks brand new.

Some old apothecary jars filled with heart fillers and paper shred.


If you've stuck with me this long, I thank you so much!  I know this was a picture heavy post.  

Do you send out Valentine's Day cards?  I've got a post planned soon for some vintage style Valentine cards that I made.  I do hope you'll come back to see them.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I love, LOVE posts like this Birgit!! Your shadow boxes are sooooo CUTE...I still have one of your winter ones on a shelf in my stamp room and love it!! And your heart decorated mantle is SO PRETTY!! Love all your vintage decorations and the heart garlands...how festive your house is my friend!! LOVE it all!! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I love a girl who takes Valentine's Day to heart - [pun intended] Love your darling box ornaments and every bit of your decor!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your box ornaments are as cute as they can be, Birgit! Thanks so much for sharing your festive Valentine decor with us!

Conniecrafter said...

This is another cute one darling image and nice to use the old die cuts, I will have to say I love the birds and flowers! Enjoyed all your decorations, that was a great find at goodwill for sure, and goes so great with everything else

Anonymous said...

Your projects are so pretty. Thanks for joining our This Makes Me Happy challenge at Cut It Up.

Leslie

Leslie Miller said...

Well, this was fun! I not only got to see your darling projects, but you kindly invited us all into your home to see how it's displayed. How beautiful it all looks. You've done it up right. Thank you, Birgit!