Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Celebrate with Cupcakes ~ Double D Challenge

Good morning friends.  Today's card is for a new challenge starting up over at Double D Challenge blog where they're celebrating their 5th anniversary.  What better way to celebrate, than with cupcakes!!   

Do you have supplies that have been tucked away and neglected for years?  Well, one item in my stash is acetate.  Yes, I use it for shaker cards but it's been a long time since I've made a shaker card so I thought I could use it to make a window card.

The cupcake stamp is also an older set from MFT, but cupcakes are timeless.  In fact, all the supplies I used on this card are older supplies that needed some love and attention. 

Here's your inspiration: 

I hope you'll join in on the festivities for the 5th Anniversary for Double D Challenge.  
Here's what you could win:


Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG this is awesome! What a clever idea! It looks like the box you would get cupcakes in at the bakery (such a clever girl! lol) Fabulous design ... so happy you're part of our Double D family! Hugs to you my friend!

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous window card topped with a YUMMY cupcake! Delish! This is soooo festive!

Barbara said...

I love love love your window card. So different and creative. Like Darlene said, it does remind me of a bakery shop window. Yummy looking cupcake with a cherry on the top.

Vicki said...

Adorable idea to make a window card! I love how the streamers show through and complete the scene. The plaid paper across the bottom is awesome. Is it a stamp?

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute cupcake! Love the colors, Birgit, this is sweet!

Diane said...

Love~love your window cupcake card, totally delish! We are honored to have YOU on our team!!

Marcia Hill said...

I love, LOVE cupcakes!! I mean what's not to love??! And I LOVE your card too!! With the window on your card, it makes it look like a bakery box where you can see all the goodies inside...wouldn't a box of cupcakes with a window to showcase them all be just delightful?!! Love your color scheme on this card too my friend...lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

aussie aNNie said...

Oh I am lagging with my comments, too nice a weather here. I love your acetate window card Birgit and gorgeous delish cake...mmmmm, so happy we are on the team together. xxx

Conniecrafter said...

Creative design for your card, great use of the acetate, like how you can see your decorated inside, yummy cupcake!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

That is a beautiful card inside and out Birgit! Love the colours and how you used the acetate.

Judy Woodland said...

Don't you just love that stamp set? It's old, but always fun to play with. You have used it perfectly here. LOVE where you put the cherry, I put mine in a different spot. And doing a window card is GENIUS!!! I haven't done that in forever, thanks for the inspiration!

Janice said...

Fabulous cupcake card! I really should use some acetate too, I have plenty in my stash!