Sunday, January 10, 2021

A Cup of Winter Warmth

Hello friends, are you keeping warm this winter?  If you're looking for some inspiration to help in that category, The Card Concept has a new challenge and a  wonderfully warm image to inspire you with.  
My card uses Elizabeth Craft Designs Hot Chocolate die set along with a sugar cookie from PTI.  The chocolate bar is my own make, using a small rectangle die from HoneyBee Stamps and the "sweet" stamp from My Time To Craft.

My defined style for this challenge is Clean & Layered.  I was inspired by the bold red cup with the white graphics.  The cinnamon snowflake is mimicked in the sugar cookie.  The chocolate bar is a bonus.  ;0)
I'll also be adding this card to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Something New. 

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Colleen said...

You are so amazing with what you do with dies! You impress me every time! This is a fabulous card Birgit! I love all your added goodies to make it your own! Happy New Year friend!

Janice said...

That looks so inviting Birgit, I could actually drink a mug of that that right now! Fantastic card :-)

Donna Phelan said...

Ooooh yummy! That cocoa looks amazing dripping over the sides of your cup! Loving the chocolate, cookie and marshmallow accents. Such a sweet Post....literally!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Yummy! That cup of hot chocolate looks so good! Especially since I cannot have any caffeine at the moment due to medications. And, I crave it big time. The design is fantastic and your coloring is awesome as well.

Kara Lynne said...

Your card just exudes warmth, and I can almost smell that cookie! Such a wonderful reflection of the inspiration photo! That chocolate bar is fantastic - so clever! I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year, Birgit. It's time to settle in for the long winter now...

Lisa Elton said...

This is warm, cozy and wonderful! I had a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream last night. No chocolate or cookie... maybe next time!

Marcia Hill said...

Yummmmmmmm...I've been drinking lots of hot cocoa lately, but yours with the toasted marshmallows, cookie & chocolate look so much more tempting than mine! Sweet, sweet card my friend...love it!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

That is so neat, I just love your shading on the marshmallow, whip cream and chocolate coming out of the cup. Aren't you just clever with the piece of chocolate, like the snowflake as your decoration to the cup. neat dies to layer your cup onto!

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, love this "sweet" card!! The details look amazing and that cup of cocoa looks perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept and we hope you can join us again soon:-)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Yum! I wish I had a cup of this! It is so cute! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!!!

Nancy Penir said...

Clean, layered and positively delicious! Birgit you hit every warming button with this cuppa beauty! And your chocolate bar is amazing! Honestly love every detail! Hugs, my friend. Wish we were sharing a cup of cocoa together!