Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Birthday Bear Hugs ~ TSOC

Hello, hello!  The Sisterhood of Crafters is back from our holiday break and we're starting a new challenge today, asking you to use die cuts and/or an embossing Folder.  Sound fun?
Here's what I came up with, using both embossing and die cuts:

I started by embossing a piece of green cardstock using an FSJ Evergreen embossing folder.  I gently rubbed some Pine Needles DOX ink over the raised areas and cut a circle out of the center.

I stamped this darling image from Uniquely Creative Polar Pals and colored it with Copics.  I backed the circle using a piece of watercolor printed paper, tucked the bears in and stamped the hearts from the stamp set, surrounding the bears with love.

To finish it off, I adhered a  Happy Birthday die cut from My Favorite Things.  

I hope you are inspired to join in on the fun over at The Sisterhood Of Crafters.
This will be co-designer Vicki's last challenge with the team as she'll be taking care of family needs.  I wish you the very best Vicki! 

Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card❤️😊 Please share with me how I can get that adorable Polar bear stamp? I absolutely love Mama and Baby images❣️ I hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for your help 😊

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a sweet birthday card, Birgit! Love those adorable bears. Hope you are having a great start to the year. Looking forward to another fun year with you!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwww...what a sweet card Birgit! Love your pine needle background and your mama and baby bear image just couldn't be any CUTER!!! Love the die cut happy birthday circling the image too! Cute, CUTE card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Diane said...

Adorably cute cute card and image and your embossed background looks fabulous!!

Darlene said...

Awe ... how ADORABLE! Love it Birgit! What a sweet creation! Hugs!

Linda said...

Birgit, Happy New Year. Hope this one is better than last year and you are doing well. What a sweet, adorable card. Love the color over the raised portions of the embossing folder. So much texture. Great card, my friend.

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card

Vicki said...

Ooo, I love the woodsy backgroun you created for these cuddly bears! The pine branch was a great choice and the added green really makes in dimensional. Thank you for the kind words you sent. I will miss you as a Sistah!

aussie aNNie said...

Oh my goodness Birgit this is simply adorable, love that die and embossing. xxx

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling card, love this!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my is that ever precious, love the coloring and that neat sentiment die to frame them, pretty embossing for the background!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, don't we all need a hug? This card is so very perfect for birthday hugs by happy mail!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful birthday design and I love the darling bears and how you framed them.

Donna Phelan said...

Adorable! I almost bought that MFT die yesterday....it's FAB, guess I should have! Great card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet bear pair in the embossed frame, Birgit - love this!! Thanks for the inspiration at Sisterhood of Crafters!!

Maryann scrapbooking said...

J'adore ces petits ours tout mignon.
MaryannG