Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Just My Type ~ TSOC

Hello friends.  The Sisterhood of Crafters is starting a new challenge today and we're looking for you to create your own background.  

I created two backgrounds for this card:
For the larger background, I used Concord & 9th Plaid Background, stamping the plaid in Worn Lipstick DOX ink onto pink cardstock.  The lines are stamped in red.

For the smaller background, I stamped a Typewriter Text Background from MFT using Versamark ink and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  I rubbed Worn Lipstick DOX ink over the text and then using an old heart stencil, I added more DOX ink.  

The typewriter is from Marianne Designs.  I tucked in a couple of mint green leafy twigs using Frantic Stampers Assorted Foliage.

The finished sentiment on the inside of the card reads "Thanks".  

I hope you'll hop on over to The Sisterhood of Crafters blog to join in on the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Diane said...

Very creative backgrounds, and look at you creating not one but TWO!! Very pretty card and made with perfection!!

Darlene said...

Fabulous backgrounds that made a BEAUTIFUL card! Love the theme ... well done my friend! HUGS to you!

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card, Birgit! I really thought the plaid was designer paper! Love the background you created for the typewriter. You fooled me with the inside sentiment - thought it would be a Valentines theme LOL!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable Birgit! What a fun background for the cute typewriter!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cute! Beautiful papers. I love the sentiment and how it applies with the typewriter theme.

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, love the typewriter with the little note, and like how you did the two different backgrounds and used stencils over your heat embossing, neat touch!

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty red plaid and I love the heat embossed background you created! This is a very sweet card, indeed!