Thursday, February 23, 2023

Joyful In Hope

Hello friends!  It's 7:00am and I'm sitting near the woodstove in my pj's, sipping a cup of peppermint mocha coffee, while the snow is falling outside.  We're having a weather advisory to stay inside today and I'll happily comply.  Since I don't have anywhere to be, I'm finding myself taking it a little bit slower this morning and started looking at challenges online.  I haven't played along in a challenge in quite some time. 

I made this card a few months ago but never got around to posting it.  I used HoneyBee Stamps Tropical Bouquets die set to make a few cards.  You'll see the other cards below. As I was browsing challenges, I discovered that this card fit the colors on the mood board for  the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Pretty, right??

The colors on my card are a bit more bold, but I think it will work.  

I'll also be entering this card into the following challenges:
Krafty Chicks Challenge ~ All Occasion Week
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
ETA:  I'll also be adding this card to the Park Hopping, My Happy Place Challenge. Thanks to Makira for reaching out to me, informing me about this "new to me" challenge, and that it reminded her of the flamingos found at Animal Kingdom in Disney World, FL.  I hope you'll check out this brand new challenge.  Looks like a fun one!!

Here's a few more card that I made using the beautiful tropical flowers in Tropical Bouquets:



I hope you're tucked in somewhere safe and warm today.  And if you're somewhere tropical... please send the sunshine and warm weather in our direction.

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Makira said...

πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—this!! I saw this at the SSS Wednesday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. Your card reminds me of the flamingos found in the Kilaminjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom, Disneyworld, FL I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative day!
Cheers, Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

Marcia Hill said...

Every one of your cards are AWESOME Birgit!! I just love, LOVE all the bold blooms, but mostly I love the verse on your 1st card...I have that on a huge wall hanging over our stairwell to remind me daily how to live my life!!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend! Stay safe and warm...we have the whole ice thing going on and are advised to stay in too! Hugs. :0)

Nancy Penir said...

Your cards are always beautiful, and so artfully done, but the scriptures touch my heart! Such comfort in each one! Well done, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

It sounds like you had a cozy morning, Birgit! Your tropical blooms and scriptures pair well together. These are so pretty! Luckily the bad weather didn't hit us. It was actually 67 today but will be 38 tomorrow! This just gets crazier by the minute!

Makira said...

Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Cheers, Makira

Donna Walls said...

Wow, I love these Tropical themed Cards (I live in Florida so they are definitely my style). Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Donna Ellis said...

Your cards are wonderful, Birgit! They look like something directly out of the tropics - OH! Wait! That would be HERE! (giggle). Beautifully done, and I'm grateful you showcased so many versions of your die cuts. It's always a pleasure seeing how crafters are inspired by the Mood Board at our challenge. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Conniecrafter said...

Your cards are Beautiful!! I will have to say the one with the bird is my favorite!! Lovely tropical feel for sure and gets me excited for the warmer weather coming. We had a very cold day today and this is a fresh and lovely reminder it won't always be this cold. A wonderful collection of thinking of you cards!

Lena said...

Love, love, love your tropical cards. Love the bright and happy colours you used, the card designs and the beautiful sentiments you have to go along with them.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Lena

Aimeslee Winans said...

Such pretty cards, the die cuts and sentiments are fabulous, and quite a variety of arrangements you've managed! Stay warm! So happy you played with us at Beautiful Blossoms this month and hoping to see you again! XOX, Aimeslee DT

Aimeslee Winans said...

P.S. - popping back in as I forgot to tell you, never worry about matching anything exactly for our mood board as it's there for inspiration and optional. FLOWERS are the requirement. XOX