Monday, February 27, 2023

YOUR WORD ~ Mixed Media Monday

Hi friends~  I'm back today with an art journal entry I made in my Create Happiness Art Journal, using images from Mintay Papers.

I just love Mintay Papers.  In face, I've never met one that I didn't like and I doubt that I ever will. 

 I started by blending on lots of rich Distress Oxide Ink into the background and then spritzed it with water and blotted up the ink using a paper towel, to give it this nice mottled look.  I then stamped a typewriter background using a very old background stamp from My Favorite Things.  I used the Lower Case Modern Alphabet from Scrapbook.com to create the title, adding some white gel pen details.

I typed the rest of the verse out on my computer and printed it on my home printer.  

I fussy cut the flowers and typewriter out by hand and sponged some Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink around the edges, and then added some details using a white gel pen.

I found this little scrap of paper in my scrap box and tore it from corner to corner to make a pocket, where I slipped in some ephemera bits from my stash.  I added this pretty vintage blue bird to the corner pocket.  

I used a Create Happiness Borders stencil to stencil the border around the entire layout using black ink.

I hope you enjoyed todays journal entry as much as I enjoyed making it.

I'll be adding this project to the following challenges:

Krafty Chicks Challenge ~ All Occasions 

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE everything about this page Birgit!! The background color is sooo pretty and vibrant and really makes you stop to look!! And all the vintage details from the typewriter and florals, and then of course one of my favorite verses too! I also love how you did the border too...I thought it was die cut at first! Just a lovely, lovely page my friend! This journal truly is a work of he(art)!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous page, I agree that Mintay has beautiful papers and I love what you have done with them, the background with the text is so neat. Beautiful ephemera and so pretty how you have arranged everything, love how you did your journaling and title!

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic! I love getting inky and gluey and messy lol This is beautiful! Those papers are magnificent! What a treasure you have created!

Lisa Elton said...

The fact that you like those paper so much shows in this wonderful journal work of art! I like all of the bits and pieces you put together, Birgit. The border looks incredible... you stenciled that... wowee!

Lena said...

Beautiful! So much detail to look at and admire. Love it! Lena xx