Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Circle Valentine's Cards ~ Scrapbook Pal

Happy Valentine's Day to you, friend!  It's my turn to post over at the Scrapbook Pal blog.  Today's cards are perfect for Valentine's Day or just to let someone know how loved they are.


I started by stamping all the sentiments that I thought I might use, from Honeybee Stamps "It's Always Been You" clear stamp set, onto white cardstock scraps that I found in my scrap box.  I stamped some in black ink and gold heat embossed a few.  

I die cut all the sentiments out using the coordinating Honey Cuts dies.  This is a great way to use up your scrappy stash, and you'll have lots of sentiments on hand for future projects.  

Moving on to these adorable Heart Hugs critters from Honeybee stamps; there are three critters included in the set.  A polar bear which could also be cut out of brown cardstock to make a brown bear, a hedgehog and a fox.  I chose to use the polar bear and the hedgehog, saving the fox for a future project. I cut each of the animals out of white cardstock and some out of colored cardstock. 

I assembled the critters using Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue and added some details using Copic Markers and a white gel pen.


 
 



I cut a couple of Stitched Scallop Circles from PinkFresh Studio, out of two shades of brown cardstock and used them to frame my critters.  You can see in the photo I used the Stitched Scallop Circle to cut the bottom of both animals to reduce bulk.

I then layered them up using some polka dotted kraft papers from my stash.  Super cute!

Once I glued the finished panels to the front of the cards, I glued the sentiments to the bottom of each card.


I think these turned out super sweet!  I'll be sending them along to my sweet little grandbabies.  They're too young for chocolate, but maybe a new outfit will be suitable for Valentine's day.  

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are as cute as they can be and perfect for your new grandbabies! They'll love their chocolate before you know it! But a sweet little outfit sounds like a good plan until then!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness these two are just too cute, and I love your white gel pen you added, gave it great detail! I do the same thing with my sentiments, I have so many extra pieces of white cardstock laying around. I love that you made them into round cards! Happy Valentines to you :)

I Card Everyone said...

I may be late, but my Valentine hugs are still fresh, my friend! OH, my goodness these are the cutest! How I ever missed this darling set of sentiments is beyond my comprehension, Birgit - hope they're still available! Okay - I'm CIRCLING BACK

I Card Everyone said...

... for another look!! xx
=]