Friday, March 10, 2023

Spellbinders Victorian Collection

Mason Jars are one thing that will never go out of style.  I've been using them for many years as vases for flowers to storing food in my pantry.  Spellbinders has a new Victorian Collection by Susan Tierney-Cockburn that is absolutely delightful!  

Today's card features the lovely Mason Jar and Lavender.  The cool thing about this set is that the Mason Jar is both a Hot Foil plate as well as an Etched Die.  I love how the hot foil design is impressed into the mason jar.  So pretty!  

The lavender flowers take a little bit of time, but they're so worth the effort.  The die for the flowers cuts 30 flowers out all at once, so it goes faster than you would think, to assemble these delicate lovelies.  I added some stickles to the centers of each of the flowers and tied some twine around the neck of the jar for added texture.

I used Fluted Classics Slimline Dies to create the card base.  

I hope you enjoyed today's card and I especially hope that you'll take a moment to visit Spellbinders to see their NEW ARRIVALS as well as what's COMING SOON.


Here's a list of products I used today that can be found at Spellbinders:

Entire Victorian Collection
Mason Jar and Lavender
Fluted Classics Slimline Dies
The Victorian Garden Bundle

 ~ With this bundle, you can create your own Victorian Garden!

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Lena said...

A beautiful card, Birgit. Your Lavender flowers look amazing!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh Birgit...I am in LOVE!! Your card is just BEAUTIFUL!! I love that Mason jar and the flowers too...would you mind cutting me out a couple jars (just in white) and some flowers too?? Pretty PLEASE with sugar on top??!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

the lilacs are so pretty with that jar, like the fun paper you paired with them! Getting me excited for spring!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, love it! Great colours and gorgeous design as well. Susan's new Victorian garden collection is coming my way, love these dies.. [Susan is one of my admins in my facebook group] x

Donna Phelan said...

Oh that is a cool die/plate then! I adore Mason Jars on cards and Tags, such a lovely element to add to any design. Your lavender is perfect placed inside. I'm not even mad about the slimline design lol I think I have a love/hate relationship with them :) This is fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

This is the perfect set for you, Birgit! It's no wonder that your card is gorgeous, too!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

YES, the lavender was worth the effort, Birgit! That is a wonderful mason jar. I have my own collection for pantry storage and our son loves to drink his water out of them! Fabulous card, my friend!