Sunday, March 12, 2023

Flea Market Finds ~ Spellbinders

Hello dear paper crafting friends!  I'm delighted to be posting on my blog today, projects I made using Spellbinders newest Flew market Finds release from Cathe Holden.
Fair warning, this is a picture heavy post, so grab a cuppa something yummy, sit back and get ready to be transported back in time.

When I received the package with all the goodies in the mail from Spellbinders, it was literally like walking through a well curated flea market, just full of beautiful vintage ephemera.
 
Let's start with the Florals 2 Palette Paper Pad.   It’s a 6x9 inch paper pad, full of floral designs with a backdrop of deep rich colors.

I created two postcards using papers from the Florals 2 Palette and stamped images from the Reading Matter Clear Stamp Set.
 
Here you'll find some sweet little book marks or they could also be used to add to cards, art journals or other projects as you'll see below.  I used one of the long scalloped dies from Mini Envelopes 1 Etched Dies to cut the book marks.  I added pieces of ephemera from Coat Check Miscellany and a tiny tag from the Mini Envelopes 1 die set.

I randomly stamped images from both Reading Material Clear Stamps and Sign Here Clear Stamps onto the back sides of the book marks.  The tab reinforcers from the die set and some string finished these off. 

This is a sampling of some of the dies included in Mini Envelopes 2 Etched Die Set.  I adore the pointed scalloped rectangle! This design is reminiscent of that bygone era.

This is a picture of an original vintage calling card.  Do you see the resemblance in the die cut shape?


So many possibilities here for creating your own vintage pieces.  Tiny envelopes to fill with tiny treasures.  You can create them with or without the windows, as the dies are all separate.  

Moving on to the greeting cards I made, using more of the Florals 2 Palette Paper Pad and other ephemera bits from Coat Check Miscellany.

I used the book mark I made previously, on this card here.  I just love the blue tones on this pretty floral paper.




I had so much fun creating with this amazing release!  I do hope you'll take a minute to visit Spellbinders to see the entire new release as well as all the other New Arrivals for the month of March.  


Here's the list of products I used today, that can be found at Spellbinders:

Reading Matter Clear Stamps
Sign Here Clear Stamps
Coat Check Miscellany
Mini Envelopes 1, Etched Dies
Mini Envelopes 2, Etched Dies
Florals 2 Palette
Entire Flea Market Finds Collection


Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Oh My! It's like looking through a crafty soul's attic! Fabulous items! Love your creations too, you have showcased the accents off so beautifully!

Marcia Hill said...

I'm in awe Birgit! You sure can tell you're in your element when creating with vintage papers and dies, and every one of these post cards, bookmarks, and cards SHINE with all the love you poured into making them! Such a FABULOUS post and I didn't mind one bit that it was a picture heavy post!! Hugs. :0)

aussie aNNie said...

Wow these are absolutley fabulous, love your creative mind and these are so interesting to view xx

Lena said...

Oh my, Birgit, I feel like I just looked through my granny's treasure chest. So much beauty in every photo and in all your projects. Wow! I love them all! Could not possible pick just one! Beautifully done, my friend!
Hugs,
Lena