Monday, March 6, 2023

Vintage Maize Botanical Cards ~ Mixed Media Monday

Hello friends ~ A while back, I made some vintage botanical cards in purple tones (found HERE) and I wanted to create more in a similar fashion, but using yellows tones.
The main focus on these cards are from 49 and Market's Curator's Botanical line.

The quality of these papers in the Curator's Botanical 6x8 Collection Pack are the best I've ever used!  They're thick like mat-board.  Really stunning!

The flowers and butterfly are from the Curator's Botanical Ephemera Bits.  I added a healthy dose of WOS to them.

The second card uses items I had in my scrap boxes.  

I added this cute little pocket that I cut out of paper from my scrap box and added other extra bits and bobs that I found while rummaging through my boxes.



I hope I've inspired you to dig through your scraps and use them to create some sunshine today.

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh I'm in love!! Both of these are SOOOOOOO PRETTY Birgit!! You always seem to know just what to add and where to put them so they look like they were always meant to be there. Absolutely lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

Flora and Fauna....love, love, LOVE!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Two vintage-y floral beauties, Birgit! The Wink of Stella adds so much to your lovely layers!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful layering of all these goodies! I do love the yellows, perfect summer time cards!

I Card Everyone said...

Very beautiful, Birgit! That little WOS was a brilliant final addition!
=]

Linda said...

Lovely cards, Birgit, but I actually came to see what post I have missed on your beautiful babies. Can't believe that Callum is 5 months already and he is so adorable. And your granddaughter is so adorable too. I am so happy that God has blessed you with two beautiful babies. Take care my friend and enjoy those babies. Before you know it, they will be almost 5....

Linda said...

Love your cards, Birgit, but since I don't get by very often I wanted to see if there were some posts on the babies. I can't believe Callum is 5 months old already and is so adorable as well as your granddaughter. I am so happy for you that God has blessed you with two beautiful babies at once. You must be overjoyed. Take care my friend and enjoy them as they grow up so fast. The triplets will be 5 in April.

Lena said...

Beautiful cards. It was worth all the rummaging you did thru your crafty boxes :-) Love them both!