Friday, March 24, 2023

Morning Coffee ~ Scrapbook Pal

Nothing hits the spot like a cup of hot coffee or two (or three) in the morning, except for drinking that coffee with a friend or family member.

I had a great time pulling out the Hug In A Mug Honey Cuts, coordinating Hug In A Mug Clear Stamps and Friendship Frame Stencils from Honeybee Stamps, to create this sweet floral card for my coffee-loving daughter.

I started by stenciling this flowery background using Friendship Florals Frame Stencils in soft pastel colors.

I die cut the coffee cup using the Hug In A Mug Honey Cuts, using a piece of floral printed paper that I found in my stash.  I cut the spoon out of silver mirror cardstock.  Using the Hug In A Mug Clear Stamps, I lightly stamped the heart image to the inside of the coffee cup using white ink.

I layered the coffee cup over a scalloped oval that I cut out of a piece of vellum and added the sentiment.  

I love how springy and feminine this looks.  I hope it brings a smile to my daughter's heart.

You can find all these products and more at Scrapbook Pal.

Honeybee Stamps Hug In A Mug Honey Cuts
Honeybee Stamps Hug In A Mug Clear Stamps
Honeybee Stamps Friendship Frame Stencils


Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely background you created for that sweet floral mug! The vellum steam is a wonderful touch. I think your daughter will love it, Birgit!

I Card Everyone said...

I can see we'd have no trouble waking up in the morning, Birgit! Cheers to three cups - and this darling card for your daughter!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Sweet, sweet card Birgit and I know Amanda will LOVE it!! Although I'm not a coffee lover, this card is just BEAUTIFUL and I absolutely LOVE that stenciled background!! Awesome card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is so cute, I am sure your daughter is going to totally love this, I like the pretty pattern on the cup and that vellum sure does look like steam coming off of it!

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous background, I am loving those soft subtle Springlike colors! It's funny because when I get a notification for a new Blog Post from friends, I always wait til the next morning when I have a hot cup of coffee to enjoy the Post...ALWAYS lol And your sentiment is exactly what I say to Penny and she's always like, WHOA hahaha This is a delicious creation, truly! :)

Lena said...

This is gorgeous Birgit. I especially love the crearmy heart :-) Lovely and cheerful colours on your card.xx