Saturday, March 11, 2023

PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio ~ Scrapbook Pal

The month of March can be cold and wet here on the east coast, so I was very happy to be able to work with the beautiful Floral Trio release from PinkFresh Studio this month.  These flowers helped me see past the dirty snow, looking forward to the new growth that spring brings.  

Lets jump right in on how this card came together.

I started by using the PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio Hot Foil Plate using Silver Glimmer Hot Foil.  I foiled it three times, using the Spellbinders Glimmer Foil System, twice onto white cardstock and once onto black cardstock, because I didn't have a plan mapped out yet and I wanted to have options.

  

Using the PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio Stencils, I started adding color to the foiled  white cardstock panels.  I stenciled one using Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn DOX Inks.  I used Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint DOX Inks on the second white cardstock panel.  You'll see that project below.  

Next, using the PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio Die, I cut a scrap piece of cardstock so that I could use the negative shape to mask off the stenciled portion of my card front.  I then blended Tumbled Glass DOX Ink around the outside edges of the floral spray.

I then stamped a sentiment from the PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio Clear Stamp Set onto the bottom left corner of the card front.  

I finished this card off by framing the image in black cardstock and then mounting it to a soft pink A2 size card base.  

I die cut the yellow floral spray using the Floral Trio Die and mounted it to a pretty piece of 6x6" patterned paper that was left over from one of the 12 Kits of Occasion  and made a frame using the Spellbinders Shadowbox Frame Die.

Some Yellow Stickles on the details of the flowers finished this project off nicely.

I loved how the gold foil on the black cardstock came out so I simply trimmed a bit off the edge so I could add some striped scrapbook paper and gold gems.  Easy peasy!

Here is a list of products I used that can be found in the Scrapbook Pal shop:

PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio Hot Foil Plate

PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio Stencils

PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio Clear Stamps

PinkFresh Studio Floral Trio Dies

Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System

Spellbinders Silver Glimmer Hot Foil

Distress Oxide Inks

Yellow Stickles

I wish you the happiest spring season!  


Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a whole lot of prettiness, Birgit! While I love the soft pinks on your first card and the elegance of the gold on the last one, your sunny yellow creation is pure delight! Oh, it just makes me smile!

Donna Phelan said...

WHOA! Gorgeous floral image! I adore the foil plate accent--you really can see the shimmer and shine. Love this used in yellow and the gold on black. Simply Fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

Lisa, took the all the words right out of my mouth, Birgit - so ditto those! and ADD thanks for the inspiration - that framed piece is going on my to-do list!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Birgit...all 3 of these cards (and framed one) are SO BEAUTIFUL!! The soft pinks make me long for Spring (we got 12 inches of snow Thursday night/Friday morning, and now it's snowing again today!!) and I'd much rather look at your cards than outside my window right now!! The flowers in the yellow just couldn't be prettier and I love that frame!! And your black & gold card is so striking and elegant...it totally POPS and I really love that one too! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my they are all gorgeous, I so love the soft pinks but the yellow is so pretty and fresh looking and I love that you framed it making your own frame!! The black with the foil is so elegant and like the touch with the strip paper and sequins with it!!

Lena said...

These cards are gorgeous. Love the beautiful soft colours of the first card, the cheerfulness of the yellow and the pure elegance of the last card. All stunners!
Hugs,
Lena