Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Fruity Thanks


I could eat it for every meal and I've never met a fruit I didn't like.  Well, except for dragon fruit!  My daughter and I tried it once and decided we'd stick with what we know we like.  
My "thank you" cards have been running low so I've been working on cheerful thank you cards and since summer is the season of fruits, I turned to some of my favorite fruity sets from Sunny Studio Stamps.  

They have the best layered stamps for fruit.  Just look at the shadows and detail of these fruits from Fruit Cocktail and Berry Bliss.

I heat embossed the "Thank You" sentiment in gold and added some gold dots to finish it off.

What are your favorite layering stamps?  I'd love to hear!

I'll be entering this card in to the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Clean and Simple
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh girl...they all look so real that at first I thought you had just used pre-printed fruit pieces! What beautiful shading on all of them, and other than the cherries I'd eat them all right off the card! (I grew up spending my Summer's at my grandpa's cherry farm and I think I must have eaten too many because now I just can't bring myself to eat them!) But anyway, beautiful, beautiful summery card Birgit...definitely gonna bring a smile to someone's face with this one!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

This is scrumptious Birgit! One of my favorite parts of summer is all of the fresh fruit!

Donna Phelan said...

Yummy AND beautiful fruit! I love the bright colors and the layers, fabulous stamps. I have never tried a dragon fruit...add to bucket list lol Love ya! xo~

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous and your coloring of the fruit is fantastic!

Conniecrafter said...

that set does have great shading and your choice of ink, just perfect! I haven't had the best luck with the layering stamps, I don't know if I just can't see well enough to line them up or what, but I keep trying :)

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Birgit! Love your colouring. I'm a fruit fan too, Jo x

Kara Lynne said...

The shading on your fruits is amazing! What wonderful layering stamps, but also your choices of inks! It's a beautiful card, Birgit!

Sharron said...

Oh, I agree with you about fruits--love them! And these are especially tempting. The colors and shading are amazing!