Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Leaning on God's Promises

Good morning friends.  I'm back after a bit of a blogging break.  Other than pre-scheduled posts I've stepped away from the computer while life took over.  I've slowly been getting back to doing the things that bring me joy.  Gardening, exercising, reading and making cards!

The Flower Challenge has asked us to make a card using our favorite flower.  Uhhh..... it is completely impossible to choose a favorite as I love them all!  
 
I just happened to have these Flower Favorites from PTI sitting on my craft table so I stamped a bunch of the different flowers and chose this design to enter in to the challenge.  I love spring bulbs of all kinds and especially iris'.  My mom loved walking around her house in the spring and seeing all her bulbs popping up and it gives me warm thoughts of her when I look upon the bulbs that come up in my yard each spring.  

I've been leaning on God's promises a lot lately and chose this sentiment from Be Encouraged by Sweet N' Sassy Stamps.  The printed papers are some I've had in my stash for quite some time.  I'm trying to use up some of my older supplies.

I'll be entering this card in to the following challenges:

The Flower Challenge ~ Favorite Flower
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card my friend. That flower is just so pretty in yellow. I am so glad to hear that you are trying to do things that bring you joy. Sending big hugs! xo

Esther Asbury said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the papers you used and that SnS sentiment! I'm with you on not being able to pick a favorite flower - they're all so unique and beautiful in their own way.

Marcia Hill said...

This card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birgit!! I just love Iris's and have so many on both sides of my house. My hubby's mom and grandma both shared bulbs with me when they found out I love them and I love how a piece of them comes up every Spring/Summer now. I love the verse you used on your card too...so perfect and especially right now for you! So wonderful to see you back in blogland...you've been missed my friend! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely Birgit. I'm sure your mom would enjoy this pretty iris bloom and the encouraging sentiment. It's nice to see you bringing a bit of happiness back into your life ~ XO

Sharron said...

It's wonderful that you are able to focus on some of the things that bring you joy. Love your beautiful yellow iris! Flowers always bring a sense of renewal and it's wonderful that iris remind you of your mom. Your card is so lovely and very special! Sending hugs!!

Donna Phelan said...

That is a beautiful sentiment, one you can depend upon! I like you thinking of your Mom when you see the flowers in Spring.....the garden is our happy place! Been thinking a lot of you, you are never alone! Beautiful card, love the cheery colors and your pretty design! xo~

I Card Everyone said...

I've been thinking of you, my friend. Your card is just as beautiful as your heart... xx
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous and in such a wonderful design and colors.

laurie said...

How beautiful! I love that verse too!

Conniecrafter said...

I am with you, it is so hard to pick one flower, this one is lovely and such a great memory of your mom and seeing the flowers pop in the spring helps bring back good memories. That is a great reminder that we start out each day knowing God has the day in his hands and will lighten the load. Good to hear you are able to resume life again, may every day bring you closer to peace, strength and hope!

Viv said...

What a beautiful Iris flower and pretty card too Birgit. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx