Monday, July 31, 2023

Mixed Media Monday ~ Altered Envelope

I belong to a group message board over at A Cherry On Top and recently there was a challenge to make an altered envelope or postcard.  This proved to be such a fun first time crafty experience for me!

I started with a business sized envelope that had a window opening in it.  I cut the envelope down on the short side and made a flap with a string closure and a very old brad.  I covered the entire envelope with scraps of scrapbook paper.  The flower images were fussy cut from a magazine.  Yes, I did all the fussy cutting!!  I think I'm getting better at it.  ;0)   Then I distressed and added stamping and stickers.

The floral "postage stamp" and "Sweet Blooms" banner were cut from the same magazine.  I had so much fun with this challenge!  I'm already working on another altered envelope. 

That's it from me today!  A quick post to hopefully start your week off with a smile!

I'll be adding this project to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Try It On Tuesday ~ Pretty Papers
Art Journal Journey ~ Come Fly With Me

Thanks for stopping by!






8 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Love this! Beautiful papers and I adore that little closure! It's just fun to be so crafty!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, this gave me big smiles! So beautiful Birgit. You have mad fussy cutting skills, wowee!

My name is Erika. said...

That's a cool envelope. I like the butterfly. Thanks for linking up to AJJ. hugs-Erika

Marcia Hill said...

Yep, I'm smiling because this envelope is AMAZING Birgit!! What a really cool idea to alter an envelope that has a window opening in it!! And all the dsp you added that all goes together so beautifully, and the perfectly fussy cut flowers...you definitely rocked this challenge, and I wouldn't be surprised if you win! LOVE this post!!! Hugs. :0)

nwilliams6 said...

Super pretty - love the papers!!! Cute project.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful page , very pretty with colours
Happy week , hug Elke !

Conniecrafter said...

It is just gorgeous and I love the papers you used, the great way you arranged everything on the envelope, and your fussy cutting is terrific. I have been using a lot of stuff from my Better Homes and Garden magazine in my Junk Journals :) Everything worked so perfectly together! LOVE it!

Pia S said...

This is so beautiful, what a great way to use scraps! Thanks for participating in our challenge over at Try it on Tuesday.