Friday, July 28, 2023

Let's Shell-ebrate!!

Hi friends~  I was cleaning my craft space when I got side tracked by the box of die cuts that are all assembled and just waiting to be used.  Do you do that?  Cut a bunch of dies out for a particular project, but you keep cutting since you're right there.  Then assemble all the dies in assembly line style.  I'm always left with extra die cut shapes, ready to be used for a future project. Then,when I'm feeling crafty but uninspired I go through the box of die cuts and just start using up scraps from my scrap box and die cut box.  

Enter this card!  This little crustacean has been hiding out in my die cut box for a very long time.  Probably since last summer.  It's time he make an appearance on a CAS card.

 
He's the crab from Elizabeth Craft Design.  I found this tropical leaf, which I believe is from Echo Park, in the box of die cuts as well.  He's waving the leaf like a flag in shell-ebration of something special. 

Needless to say, I didn't get very far cleaning my craft room.  But I used up some of my scraps to make this card.  Now that's a reason to "shell-ebrate"!

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:
Cut It Up Challenge ~ Animals On Parade
Crafty Chicks Challenge ~ All Occasions

Thanks for stopping by!








8 comments:

Diane said...

He is absolutely the cutest!! I have been going through my die cuts lately too, I seem to have an over abundance of them!! It feels good to put them, to use!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Larelyn said...

Oh, I love a good pun and that crab is adorable. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Animals on Parade challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwww...your little crab is just too CUTE Birgit! I love him holding the leaf too, like he really is celebrating something! Sorry about the craft room not getting cleaned, but the card is absolutely ADORABLE!! Hugs. :0)

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love that happy little crab, what a great summer card! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Donna Phelan said...

I got side tracked LOL So funny! He is super cute and was just waiting to jump right on your card! Adorable!

I Card Everyone said...

What a cutie! I'm feeling a little bit guilty about my thoughts of steam and drawn butter! lol
=]

Conniecrafter said...

I have a few things cut up and ready to go, it's the best thing I have done but her lately I haven't had time to get them made up ahead of time. I am so glad this little guy was able to make his debut and come out and play on your card, fun sentiment to go with him too!

Anonymous said...

What a super cute card!! Love the adorable little crab and the pretty papers you used!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda