Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Cool Tone Florals ~ ScrapbookPal July API

While I was away from home for five weeks back in May, I had very limited supplies  on hand to get creative with.  Armed with three Distress Oxide Ink colors and Pinkfresh Studio’s “With Love” stamps, die & stencils and their Rounded Braided Rectangle die, I was able to create three beautiful card designs.

I started by stamping out the floral and leaf images using Pinkfresh Studio "With Love" stamp set. Using the coordinating stencils, I blending on the Distress Oxide Ink colors in Salvaged Patina, Shabby Shutters and Unchartered Mariner. These three colors pair beautifully together!! I lightly stenciled the flower using Unchartered Mariner and then went heavier using the detailed part of the stencil in the same color.

I had brought along my Sizzix Sidekick for die cutting, so I was limited to the size of dies I could use for cutting out the images.  I had to fussy cut the flowers and leaves but was able to die cut the beautiful Pinkfresh Studio "Rounded Braided Rectangle" frame out of soft blue cardstock.  The washi tape die is part of the "With Love" stencil and die set.  It's super cute!

I finished this card when I got home and had access to all my supplies, so I cut the larger Rounded Braided Rectangle frame and layered them both with gold mirror cardstock and tucked in a small paper doily from my stash.

I added sequins from my stash for finishing touches on these cards.  

Being away from home for an extended period of time and having very limited supplies on hand to create with, I learned that sometimes less is more.  But it sure is nice to be home and back in my happy place, playing with paper and glue.

You can find all these supplies and more at ScrapbookPal.com

Pinkfresh Studio "With Love" Clear Stamps
"With Love" Stencils
"With Love" Die
Pinkfresh Studio Rounded & Braided Rectangle
Distress Oxide Inks
Honeybee Stamps Blender Brush



Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, I have a hard time being away from my 'happy place' for more than a day! You did great with your limited supplies - three beautiful creations!
=]

Donna Phelan said...

I bought that set as well, quite a markdown if I recall. Love what you made with them. Beautiful blues and greens and each design is unique and FAB! These are beauties!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous color combo you have with these. oh do I love that rectangle frame, but am telling myself I don't need it :) I love the first design with flowers behind the main focal, the gold behind the dies is a great touch too! Love the brightness of the last, wonderful set!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Three absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards Birgit! Having limited supplies didn't seem to slow you down any as these are all so lovely my friend!! And yes, sometimes less is more, but nothing can replace that wonderful feeling of being home and having access to ALL your stuff!! Hugs. :0)

Anonymous said...

Nancy Penir

Anonymous said...

3 beauties, and you'd never know you had limitations! Love the braided rectangle!