Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Great Outdoors ~ Double D Challenge

It's time once again for a new challenge over at Double D Challenge.  This week the theme is The Great Outdoors.  So fun!
My great nephew recently celebrated being 7 and he's into boy scouts and camping, so I thought this little Campin' Out Fox & Camp Fire from Cottage Cutz would be a cute place to start.

He's so cute roasting his tiny little marshmallows over the open fire.  The sign is also from Cottage Cutz and the Majestic Mountains are from Poppy Stamps.



The talented Double D team members have been at it again, coming up with some amazing inspiration for you based on the mood board below.  
I hope you'll stop by Double D Challenges to see more, then join in on the fun.


Here's the inspiration board to help motivate your creative mind:


And here's what you could win when you play along:



Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Darlene said...

O-M-G ... lol ... how cute is this little guy roasting marshmallows. What a clever scene you have created! LOVE IT ... gave me my morning chuckle! LOL

Diane said...

So adorably CUTE, you great nephew is surely going to love it!! I thought I recognized some cottage cutz and might even have some of it myself, love it and perfect for our challenge theme!!

Marcia Hill said...

This is just too CUTE my friend...LOVE it!! I didn't see the chocolate or graham crackers laying nearby, so I'm assuming he has those hidden so the bears don't find them! Haha! Seriously though, this whole little scene is SO darn cute and I bet your nephew just loved it!! FABULOUS card Birgit!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I'll bet this was a hit with your 7 year old scout, it's adorable!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this cute creation will be perfect for him! I love this scene you have created! That adorable little marshmallow toasting Fox is oh so sweet! Who doesn't enjoy a toasty marshmallow--and I wouldn't say no to a little graham cracker and chocolate either lol He is the cutest!

Vicki said...

How sweet is that little fox toasting his marshmallow? Fun outdoor scene. That campfire is colored perfectly. Love those mountains.

Leslie Miller said...

This is so dang cute, Birgit! Just fun all over and I imagine perfect for your great-nephew. I hope he'll have lots of good times in the great outdoors!

Judy Woodland said...

Well this card just could NOT be any better for a boy scouting and camping 7-year old. This is so stinkin' cute. Lots of work here, so many die cuts, but MAN is it cute. And then that cloud patterned paper.....PERFECTION!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh is that ever the cutest camping scene, the best part of camping, the campfire and roasting marshmallows :) I like how the sign is plain so you could personalize with the persons name the card is going to and maybe their birthdate or age they will be :)

I Card Everyone said...

Now this is my idea of a great time outdoors, Birgit! SO cute. Pass the marshmallows!
=]

Barbara said...

I can't help it I have a smile on my face. Little camper with the mountains in the background and the little campfire is so cozy. He just has to be roasting those marshmallows

aussie aNNie said...

Wow...Gorgeous outdoor card! love the fabulous style and colour.
Have a great weekend, hugs