Monday, April 10, 2023

A Rainbow of Hummingbirds ~ Spellbinders

Hi there creative and crafty friends!  Happy Monday to you!  I hope you had a nice weekend.  Spring is on the move and I'm delighted with the warmer temperatures.  
The designers at Spellbinders have knocked my socks off with their beautiful new release this month.  Bibi's Hummingbirds Collection speaks my bird language.
Just look at what this amazingly detailed Hummingbird Card Creator Die can do.  Seriously, a hummingbird shaped card, complete with flowers to dress them up!

I was having so much fun creating these, I just kept going and going and going.  I wanted them in every color possible!

I have a stack of shimmer paper in a variety of colors that I thought I should probably donate because I didn't think I'd ever use it.  I'm so glad I held on to it because it was perfect for creating these flying marvels.

The die set includes all these flowers.  I cut bunches of them in different colors using cardstock scraps.  I used Gold Mirror Cardstock for the beaks and centers of the flowers. 

 I stamped a few of the different Hummingbird Sentiments onto their bellies.

Not only do these make the most amazing cards, but I can see them hanging in a window to brighten a room or even being made into a mobile.  I'm not that clever as to know how to make a mobile but I'm sure someone out there is.  

Another thought I had was to make them as placard holders for seating at a spring tea gathering with your friends.  So many possibilities!

Okay, who's ready to go shopping now?? I am!!! What a joy and delight to craft with these fun new products.  Let your imagination run wild!  Who wouldn't want to receive one of these beautiful cards arrive in their mailbox??

Here is a list of products I used that can be found at Spellbinders:

Bibi's Hummingbird Collection
Hummingbird Card Creator
Hummingbird Sentiments Clear Stamps
All New Arrivals
Gold Mirror Cardstock


While you're there, check out what's Coming Soon.

I hope you have a fun-tabulous day!
Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh do I ever LOVE these Birgit! And one in every color too! Your Hummers are absolutely AMAZING and I just love all the detail on each one! And you are so right that these would make an awesome mobile...when you get that figured out, send me one, ok?! Haha!! Seriously though, these are FABULOUS and I didn't want this post to end! Wonderful job my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my they are gorgeous, and I love the gold you put in the beaks, I can't even tell you which is my favorite they are all wonderful, I love your ideas for using it too, I love those flowers to decorate the feathers!

Lena said...

How absolutely gorgeous. I love hummingbirds! Your beautiful cards are going to make many recipients happy. I know I would feel happy at receiving such a beauty. Wonderful job on all the colour combos and yes, I agree, it's an awesome way to use up all your scraps. Mine seem to grow and grow in my scrap drawers :-) xx

Donna Phelan said...

Oh my goodness! Looks like you had so much fun creating these beauties! Beautiful colors, love the texture! Soon we'll be putting up our feeders--fingers crossed!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness gracious! You've outdone yourself with these, Birgit! Love the variety of colors and all of the pretty little details. Bravo my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Birgit, you've really captured the wonder of the species and gave them such a gorgeous kaleidoscope of colors! So wonderful!
=]

Anonymous said...

Did you make a base card first then die cut the co,lured ones

Birgit said...

Yes, I scored and folded the base cardstock and cut the base out so that the score line was inside the cut line. I then cut a full solid hummingbird shape out of white cardstock and glued that onto the folded base. Then I added the colored detail pieces.