Saturday, April 22, 2023

Dinosaur Birthday Box Card

Hey friends~  I have a fun box card today, that I made for one of my great little nieces, who currently loves dinosaurs.

I was inspired by my creative friend Lena of Lena's Creations card that you can find HERE.  I set out to recreate a card that was very similar to hers, but as you can see, it turned out completely different.  

To start with, I didn't have the same T-Rex dinosaur that Lena had, but I had this dinosaur die from Marianne Designs.  Lena's background was a combination of Silhouette cut files, which I could have purchased, but as I was contemplating the project, I decided to make my own box card using the dies I already had on hand.

There's space on the back of the card, where I'll write our birthday wish for my sweet little 5 year old great niece.


The mushrooms are from Sizzix designed by Tim Holtz.  To my shame, I've had these for well over a year and have never used them.  I was delighted to discover that the elongated Happy Birthday die cut from Spellbinders fit perfectly onto the front of the card.  

I just love how we can be inspired by each other and once creativity takes a hold, our projects are the same but different.  I do hope you'll pop over to Lena's blog and have a look at her amazing project.


Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh is this ever CUTE Birgit!! Your great niece is going to LOVE it! I love the party hat on the dinosaur and all the vegetation you surrounded him with! I did pop over to see Lena's card, and hers is a cutie too, but I think I like yours better. You took a starting point with Lena's and totally made this one your own...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I think you're going to have one happy little girl when she opens this EXTRA cute card!

Donna Phelan said...

This is so FUN! Penny loves dinos too! I love the box style card, you get so much to decorate and it fold flats for mailing! Super cute!

I Card Everyone said...

Your darling Dino will make a huge hit at that birthday party, Birgit! SOOO darling!
=]

Conniecrafter said...

Oh this is just terrific she is going to love the scene you have made with this dinosaur, how wonderful the sentiment worked perfectly too and great that you have used the mushrooms they go so great with the scene!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Birgit, this is adorable! I love every element you added to this scene, and even to the back where you'll add a message. Fabulous!

Lena said...

This card came out beautifully, Birgit. I love that you used this cute dinosaur, and the rest of your die cuts are just perfect to adorn this card. Besides, I think your card is a lot more kid friendly than mine. Mine was actually for my adult daughter :-) Beautifully done, my friend. I'm glad I could provide a little inspiration and thanks bunches for the shout out :-)
Big hugs,
Lena