Monday, April 3, 2023

Garden Journal ~ Mixed Media Monday

Happy Mixed Media Monday friends!  Today's mixed media offering was made in my Garden Journal.  I enjoy working outside in my flower gardens, getting my hands dirty and while it's still too cold and frozen to do so here on the east coast, I can continue playing with paper flowers inside where it's always sunny and warm.  

The Garden Journal is a handmade book that I made a few months ago and my plan is to keep all the entries garden themed, while my Create Happiness art journal is all about God's Word and His promises.

I did quite a bit of inking on the background using DOX inks, stamping background images using stamps from the Create Happiness line of clear stamps.  I recently purchased some Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish and thought I'd give it a try on this page.

You can see the gilding polish better in this close up photo above the ticket.  I love the sheen it gives, and the fact that it looks aged is a bonus.  The die cut frame, flowers and ticket are all from the Curators Botanical collection from 49 & Market.  I added more stamping using Sign Here Stamps from Spellbinders Flea Market Finds collection.

The image of the boots and flowers is a free printable that I found years ago online.  

Here's a list of products I used today:

Entire Line of Create Happiness
Spellbinders Flea Market Finds
49 & Market Curators Botanicals
Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish


Thanks so much for joining me today.  If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you.

Hugs~ 


5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Birgit! This gardening journal will be as lovely as your Art journal! I love that gold gilding on the page too...reminds me that I need to play with the Heather Metallic Guilding Polish that you gave me, and after seeing your page here, you've given me an idea...thank you!!! Lovely, lovely page my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

You picked the perfect time of year to share this lovely creation, Birgit! I like the shimmery gold you added and those pretty yellow wildflowers. Another wonderful project!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful arrangement! Loving that gold accent, it looks amazing! You know I would adore anything garden related! This is just a beautiful on-going book of joy!

Conniecrafter said...

So wonderful to have a garden journal too, I have been mixing mine maybe I should do different themed journals :) I do love the look that polish gave to the page, love the images from 49 and Market, I am so trying not to buy every collection from them but it is getting hard to resist :) I sure hope that soon things will thaw and you will be working more in your garden outside then inside :)

Lena said...

I always admire your mixed media projects. You have so much talent putting all the elements together to create a work of art. Love it! xx