Saturday, April 15, 2023

Lovely Spring Dogwood Blossoms ~ ScrapbookPal

I love everything about spring, especially when all the trees and flowers start coming back to life.  Honeybee Stamps had an amazing spring release a few weeks ago, and I had the pleasure of working with the Honey Cuts, Lovely Layers: Dogwood and This One's For The Girls clear stamp set.

These Honey Cuts Dogwood Dies are pure spring delight!  Let me show you more details on how this card came together.

 

I started by cutting all the die elements out of 80# white cardstock. 

I separated them by flowers, leaves and flower centers and colored them using Copic Markers.  You can see the colors I used in this photo. I was inspired by this photo of a pink dogwood blossom I found online.


 I also colored the single solid die, where the small elements will be placed.  I glued the flowers, leaves and buds onto the branch using Bearly Art Precision Liquid Glue, lifting the edges of the petals and leaves to add dimension.  

Once the flower branch was assembled, I created the base of the card by die cutting a white A2 size card panel that I die cut using Lawn Fawn's Quilted Backdrop, to add more texture to the card.  I found the striped scrap of paper in my stash that fit the sentiment from Honeybee Stamps "This One's For The Girls" clear stamp set, just perfectly.  I LOVE this stamp set!  It has so many wonderful sentiments but it also has a variety feminine names, including some in Spanish.  You could use this stamp set for so many special occasions.  

Once the flower stem was adhered to the card front using liquid glue, I added some Lime Green Stickles to the centers of the flowers, just to add a bit of sparkle.

So sweet!

I hope you enjoyed today's project.  You'll find these products and so many more when you visit ScrapbookPal.  

Here's a list of products I used today:

Honeybee Stamps Honey Cuts Lovely Layers:  Dogwood

Honeybee Stamps This One's For The Girls Clear Stamp Set

Lawn Fawn Quilted Backdrop

Copic Markers

Bearly Art Precision Liquid Glue

Lime Green Stickles


Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

My most favorite of all the flowering trees, Birgit! Your coloring is exquisite, and the finished card is divine!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

A special card for a special daughter! This is beautiful, Birgit and your coloring on the blossoms is fantastic!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my it is so lovely, your coloring of them is so pretty and I like your backgrounds with them too. I agree the flowering trees are just beautiful, your daughter will love it!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Birgit! Your Dogwood flowers are colored so beautifully and look so pretty against your striped layer and also the card base you used the coverplate die on! Such a gorgeous feminine card...LOVE it!! (I've been playing with a Dogwood ef this weekend...it's so pretty and goes right along with everything blooming outside right now!) Hugs. :0)

Donna Phelan said...

Wonderful textured background, love that wide striped panel too! Thise dogwood blooms are glorious, fab coloring and I love the dimension you got by manipulating the petals. That sentiment set looks awesome, love the one you chose for this beauty!

Lena said...

I love the striped background you used to showcase your gorgeous flowers. A beautiful card for a daughter to treasure. xx